Mylar on one server, SABnzbd on another

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Offspring

Mylar on one server, SABnzbd on another

Post by Offspring »

I asked this in another thread, but I forgot where I asked so whatever, someone else might have the same question. If I run Mylar on an Ubuntu system and I'm running SABnzbd on a Windows system, how can I get the two to talk to each other properly so that it can send them to and fro for post-processing?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mylar on one server, SABnzbd on another

Post by evilhero »

Offspring wrote:I asked this in another thread, but I forgot where I asked so whatever, someone else might have the same question. If I run Mylar on an Ubuntu system and I'm running SABnzbd on a Windows system, how can I get the two to talk to each other properly so that it can send them to and fro for post-processing?
It's pretty simple once you break it down to how one system looks at the other's files:

SAB (Windows):
- set your Comics category in SAB to point to a location on the Ubuntu machine that both the user running SAB and the user running mylar have complete access to. Drive map it if it makes it easier to configure.

Mylar (Ubuntu):
- use the SABnzbd Download Directory option in the Mylar configuration and point it to the local path on the Ubuntu machine that you pointed your Comics category above to.

autoProcessComics.cfg
- pretty straightforward - just put in your relevant Mylar server information here (use the IP address, as using localhost would resolve to your SAB machine and not the one running Mylar. Make sure that the IP is also given as the host address for Mylar within the Mylar configuration).

That's pretty much it.

Mylar will download the files on the Windows machine and then move them to the pre-defined location specified for your Comics category. Once the post-processing script triggers in SABnzbd, it calls the Mylar post-processing URL (thus why you need to use the IP as indicated above).

Because SAB has the category listed for a Windows machine (ie. D:\Downloads), Mylar on Ubuntu has no way to decipher this path.

With the SABnzbd Download Directory option in use, Mylar will force the download path it looks for downloads in to whatever is specified (/mnt/Comics/Downloads) which would be the exact same point as where SABnzbd downloads things ;)

Hope that helps!
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Ah, so I can't have the Comics location on Windows and Mylar on Ubuntu, that's probably my issue. I guess what I can do then, is make a Samba share for the Windows share and make it go back and forth. That'd require some real trickery, but I bet I could pull it off.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Don't even need a samba share for that - I have my laptop setup (it's a Windows 8) where any torrent file it download gets dropped into a folder on the local machine. That directory is then shared on my ubuntu box. So long as there's an active connection (meaning I've signed onto the Ubuntu box via Windows - I use samba shares on Ubuntu, so I have to sign in), it works like a treat.

Edit. Use the mklink command from within Windows:

Code: Select all

mklink /D C:\Downloads\ \\192.168.1.2\comics\downloads\
- put your Comics category in SABnzbd to: C:\Downloads
- put your SABnzbd Download Directory option within Mylar to: /mnt/media/comics/downloads (or wherever you have mapped the \\192.168.1.2\comics\downloads\ path to on Ubuntu)

I can't recall offhand if you have to have the ubuntu and Windows directories created before issuing the command or not, but using the above command would allow you to share from Windows to Ubuntu with a pretty minimal effort (as opposed to setting up samba on Windows, etc)
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

OK. I was thinking of something along the lines of: drive is on Windows -> share with Ubuntu -> Mylar sees file and sends to SAB -> SAB finishes and sends back to Mylar -> Mylar sends back to Windows folder. So it'd basically be shared back and forth. The easier way would, of course, to be to just move the drives but I'm lazy and want to see if this can work. If it can't, I'll just move them.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

So I tried setting Mylar to read from a blackhole folder, and having it run on Ubuntu with SAB still running on Windows. Modified my autoProcess.cfg to point to the Mylar server, then changed the host IP in Mylar to its external IP outside of 0.0.0.0.

After I modified the config, I tried downloading a comic. SAB froze attempting to post-process. No output, no error log. Just froze.

Restarted Mylar after changing the IP, tried again. Connection actively refused. Tried loading the UI. Blank page, could not be found. :/
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Offspring wrote:So I tried setting Mylar to read from a blackhole folder, and having it run on Ubuntu with SAB still running on Windows. Modified my autoProcess.cfg to point to the Mylar server, then changed the host IP in Mylar to its external IP outside of 0.0.0.0.

After I modified the config, I tried downloading a comic. SAB froze attempting to post-process. No output, no error log. Just froze.

Restarted Mylar after changing the IP, tried again. Connection actively refused. Tried loading the UI. Blank page, could not be found. :/
Whatever IP you state in the autoProcessComics.cfg is the exact same one you have to use for Mylar. As long as they both line up, then SAB should be able to execute the call to initiate the post-process. Does it actually initiate the post-process ? If it doesn't, then your IP's aren't in sync - if you want to post your autoProcessComics.cfg file and what you have listed down for Mylar in your Mylar config - we can try to work through things more.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Sure, I can do that.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

That's what my config looks like, and outside of the post-processing automation it's working properly. I can browse to it from any system on the network and it goes "hey cool". The moment I change the IP to the actual IP, it fails to be connected to by all systems. Including the actual system running the app.

Code: Select all

[Mylar]
host=192.168.1.176
port=8090
username=
password=
web_root=
ssl=0
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

That should be working, what is your http_root set to in your config.ini? (it should be http_root = /)