Story Arc questions

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
blindguy

Story Arc questions

Post by blindguy »

I have a couple of questions about story arcs.

1) what does the Arcs in Grabbag Directory? button do?
2) what does the SYNC button do?
3) what does the Force New Check button do?
4) what does the Clear File Cache button do?

I have been able to import a couple of story arcs and I have some of the issues in my library.
Can I have Mylar copy those files from my library into the storyarc/storyarcname/ folder?
When I open the story arc there is a option to +grab it but if I press that button once it disapears. Is that to grab it FROM my library or to begin a search for it?

Thanks for all the info.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Story Arc questions

Post by evilhero »

blindguy wrote: 1) what does the Arcs in Grabbag Directory? button do?
The setting will tell Mylar to store the issues in the grab-bag directory, which is basically just a free-for-all dumping directory. If you don't specify certain directories, Mylar will just dump them into this directory since it doesn't know where else to put them. By default it's set to your Comic Location folder. If you want to specify it, you have to edit your config.ini file and add in the full path for the grabbag_dir entry.
2) what does the SYNC button do?
Currently, it doesn't do anything. The next development commit enables the Sync button for android users but only for the Reading List. Provided the android device has an sftp server running on it (they're free on google play), you give the details to Mylar and any issues that you have on your Reading List will be sent to your android device so you can read them. For the record, when you add something to your reading list, it gets added in as a status of 'Added' to the Reading List, once it's sent to your device the status changes to 'Downloaded', then once you've read it, you can mark it as 'Read' (subsequent releases will try to automate the mark read/remove from device process so it doesn't have to be done by the user unless it's wanted).
The option in the Story Arcs will follow the same type of flow eventually, but it needs to flow properly (currently it doesn't), so until then the Sync button under Story Arcs won't do anything (I'll probably just remove it until it's working).
3) what does the Force New Check button do?
This has been disabled and will be removed from the options (it was supposed to search for new issues, but that's all been put into another option, so it's redudant at this point)
4) what does the Clear File Cache button do?
Again, currently this is just a placeholder - but probably will be removed since it's not really needed thus far.
I have been able to import a couple of story arcs and I have some of the issues in my library.
Can I have Mylar copy those files from my library into the storyarc/storyarcname/ folder?
Yes, Mylar will do this automatically if you enable the 'Copy watchlisted issues to StoryArc Directory' within the selected Story Arc (currently it's based on story arc, not as a global story arc option). If you enable the 'append reading# to filename' it will also append the reading # to the beginning of the filename when it's placed in the story arc directory (it won't touch the files that exist in your series directory).
When I open the story arc there is a option to +grab it but if I press that button once it disapears. Is that to grab it FROM my library or to begin a search for it?
It shouldn't disappear after it's been pressed, but when it's pressed it does a one-off search for the given issue. If it can't find it, then you have to press it again whenever you want it to look for the issues. You can also just hit the 'Search for Missing', and any issues that are marked as None or Skipped as a Status in the given story arc, will be searched for as if it were marked as Wanted (post-processing will also flow as well, just that it would end up in your story-arc directory if enabled).
The button 'Search for Watchlist matches' will search your current watchlist for any issues that you may have and if they exist, will either copy them into the story arc directory if they exist in the given series directory and the option is enabled to copy, or it will mirror the status (ie. if Wolverine #3 says Archived, on your story arc detail screen it will also indicate the status as being Archived).
When you add a story arc to Mylar, it will do the 'Search for Watchlist matches' automatically once the story arc has been successfully added to Mylar.

Hope that helps!
blindguy

Post by blindguy »

This is awesome information, thank you so much!!
blindguy

Post by blindguy »

Having problems with moving the files from the my 'folder location to monitor' (/media/archive01/comics/newcomics/) to my Arcs in StoryArc Directory (off of ComicLocationRoot) directory (/media/archive01/comics/mylar/storyarc/<ARCNAME> )

There is a button labeled 'Search for Watchlist Matches' what folder does that search?

For instance in /media/archive01/comics/newcomics/ folder I have many files for the Convergence story arc but it don't seem to move and rename the files into my /media/archive01/comics/mylar/storyarc/convergence/ folder.

I have checked the mylar.log and I can't find any errors or any attempt to move the files.

Any thoughts?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Manual post-processing of story arc issues is coming soon (been working on it thr last few days). It's just taking a lot of time because of how intertwined the modules are. I'm about 80% done it - I have been able to manually post-process issues that exist within a story arc, but I'm just trying to get it to properly pick up the correct story arc if a series title spans multiple arcs.

The button 'Search for watchlist matches' searches your entire watchlist for matches (so depending on the series, it would be the series directories themselves), as well as the story arc directory for the given story arc, if you have the option to store the arcs in a story arc directory enabled.
blindguy

Post by blindguy »

Thanks for all the hard work, appreciate it. Look forward to testing.
rawb

Post by rawb »

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but has this been resolved? My Mylar currently watches The Darkseid War, and will properly move the files I am subscribed to. However, if I'm not subscribed to the series, Mylar moves the file to the same exact download folder it already exists in.

My version is:

Version: 300cb2ef4b2ceed9682a346ec8a731f062a98552 (development)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

rawb wrote:Sorry to bring up an old topic, but has this been resolved? My Mylar currently watches The Darkseid War, and will properly move the files I am subscribed to. However, if I'm not subscribed to the series, Mylar moves the file to the same exact download folder it already exists in.

My version is:

Version: 300cb2ef4b2ceed9682a346ec8a731f062a98552 (development)
I'd have to see the mylar.log file (not the GUI log), to see what's going on during a post-processing run. This should be resolved now and working fine (it does for me currently anyways). There was some issues that were occurring previously where if you initiated a search for a story arc issue outside of the story arc pages (ie. from your watchlist page or similar) and it downloaded it via a torrent - the subsequent manual post-processing would fail to move the issue to the proper story arc directory.

Do you have the 'Should I Create a Story-Arc Directory?' option enabled for the given story arc ? Do you have the 'Arcs in StoryArc Directory (off of ComicLocation root)?' enabled on the main Story Arc page? Both of these might play a factor as it's possible that it doesn't have a location to move the story arc files to that don't belong to watchlisted series (it should figure it out, but I would need to know the answers to those questions before I try and fix anything).
rawb

Post by rawb »

Edited for coherence.

Here is my log. I removed the the Darkseid War story arc and re-added it to Mylar. I then chose to grab 1 issue from within the Mylar's story arc screen. Mylar grabbed it from nzb (experimental). I waited for Mylar to begin PP in the GUI log and noted the time. I then searched the mylar.log file for the time and pulled these lines from it.

Code: Select all

23-Nov-2015 16:57:52 - INFO    :: FOLDERMONITOR : [STORY-ARC MANUAL POST-PROCESSING] I have found 1 issues that belong to Story Arcs. Flinging them into the correct directories.
23-Nov-2015 16:57:52 - INFO    :: FOLDERMONITOR : [STORY-ARC POST-PROCESSING] Enabled for Darkseid War
23-Nov-2015 16:57:52 - DEBUG   :: FOLDERMONITOR : [POST-PROCESSING] Story Arc Directory set to : /Volumes/Comics/Inbox/Mylar/StoryArcs/Darkseid War
23-Nov-2015 16:57:52 - INFO    :: FOLDERMONITOR : [POST-PROCESSING][DIRECTORY-CHECK] Found comic directory: /Volumes/Comics/Inbox/Mylar/StoryArcs/Darkseid War
23-Nov-2015 16:57:52 - DEBUG   :: FOLDERMONITOR : [POST-PROCESSING] Destination Path : /Volumes/Store/DL/complete/comics/mylar/Justice.League.-.Darkseid.War.-.Shazam.001.2016.Digital.Zone-Empire/Justice League - Darkseid War - Shazam 001 (2016) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr
23-Nov-2015 16:57:52 - DEBUG   :: FOLDERMONITOR : [POST-PROCESSING] Source Path : /Volumes/Store/DL/complete/comics/mylar/Justice.League.-.Darkseid.War.-.Shazam.001.2016.Digital.Zone-Empire/Justice League - Darkseid War - Shazam 001 (2016) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr
23-Nov-2015 16:57:52 - INFO    :: FOLDERMONITOR : [POST-PROCESSING] Moving /Volumes/Store/DL/complete/comics/mylar/Justice.League.-.Darkseid.War.-.Shazam.001.2016.Digital.Zone-Empire/Justice League - Darkseid War - Shazam 001 (2016) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr into directory : /Volumes/Store/DL/complete/comics/mylar/Justice.League.-.Darkseid.War.-.Shazam.001.2016.Digital.Zone-Empire/Justice League - Darkseid War - Shazam 001 (2016) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr
23-Nov-2015 16:57:52 - DEBUG   :: FOLDERMONITOR : [POST-PROCESSING] Removed temporary directory : /Volumes/Store/DL/complete/comics/mylar
23-Nov-2015 16:57:52 - DEBUG   :: FOLDERMONITOR : Exception generated in thread FOLDERMONITOR: local variable 'sandwich' referenced before assignment
23-Nov-2015 16:57:52 - DEBUG   :: FOLDERMONITOR : 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File "/root/mylar/mylar/scheduler.py", line 78, in runAction\n    self.action.run()\n  File "/root/mylar/mylar/PostProcessor.py", line 1580, in run\n    result = PostProcess.Process()\n  File "/root/mylar/mylar/PostProcessor.py", line 624, in Process\n    if \'S\' in sandwich:\nUnboundLocalError: local variable \'sandwich\' referenced before assignment\n'
23-Nov-2015 16:57:53 - DEBUG   :: FOLDERMONITOR : Starting new thread: FOLDERMONITOR
Also, I just did this test after I had updated. The version I am running on is efe447f5170dfcea873b5da735c2fd66d2fe9936 (development). As for the questions:

1. I do have "Should I Create a Story-Arc Directory" enabled
2. 'Arcs in StoryArc Directory (off of ComicLocation root)' is automatically enabled after enabling "Should I Create a Story-Arc Directory"

Lastly, I just want to thank you for all your work. You're a(n) (evil)hero to all of us digital comic nerds.