CBT - Where is the passkey?

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
dbznokia

CBT - Where is the passkey?

Post by dbznokia »

I'm missing the obvious but where on the CBT site does one find their passkey?
smithjw

Re: CBT - Where is the passkey?

Post by smithjw »

If you navigate to http://comicbt.com/upload.php, your passkey is in the tracker announce URL. Well I'm assuming that's where you get it from. For some reason, nothing has ever been grabbed from CBT which is kind of annoying given the huge back catalogue :(
dbznokia

Post by dbznokia »

I've noticed that too lately which is why I want to double check my passkey
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

You have to remember that Mylar can't query CBT directly and relies on continually parsing the RSS feeds for information (both your follow-list and the 'new' releases rss feed). The longer you have Mylar running, the bigger the 'backlog' it can search through to find items - the cache is persistent through application shut-downs, restarts, etc.

Typically, if you leave Mylar running overnight on Tuesday until mid-late Wednesday, you'll get your hits off of CBT at some point therein (for the Wednesday release of new comics I mean). Personally, Mylar just grabbed 2 issues from CBT from my week's for this week (Batman Eternal & Green Lantern), so grabbing from CBT is working (this is @4:30am)

Do you guys have the RSS Feeds enabled in the mylar configuration ? (and what interval).

Make sure the CBT Key you put in mylar has no leading/trailing spaces ;)
dbznokia

Post by dbznokia »

I'm not sure if the RSS feed is enabled on mine. Hmmm time to check.