Alternate search terms

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
noblitorator

Alternate search terms

Post by noblitorator »

For something like Deadpool, I wasn't able to use Mylar to find Deadpool 40 and 41, I'm thinking because the year on the torrent is 2015 (not the 2013 original publishing date) and that there's this "Minutemen" and other tag names on there. Is there a way to put some sort of catchall script or something into the alternate search blank to search for XXXX as year and XX as issue number (as they increase) and heck, maybe even a convention for the people that scanned it in... maybe I really like the Minutemen or something.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Alternate search terms

Post by evilhero »

I think you're missing the point in how mylar works, it already knows that issue number and issue year for a series that it's looking for, and it looks specifically for something that matches that criteria. The issue year (2015) is used in every search, the original publishing date only comes into play if there is no issue year provided or there is a volume label attached - in which case it has to match what mylar has for volume label.

The scanner criteria is coming, but other things have higher priority atm, but it's on the todo list.

If you really don't want to have issue year be part of the search criteria, then just select the fuzzy the year option - but be warned, it will then match primarily on issue number and series, and if you have 6 volumes of a series, you're gonna get a lot of false downloads.

As far as the incrementing issue number, sorry but this doesn't make any sense to me. Mylar searches for specific issues as is required, not sure what incrementing the numbering would do except cause confusion and problems for everyone using the program who doesn't have this type of problem??