Integration with my collection

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
CraftyClown

Integration with my collection

Post by CraftyClown »

Well firstly I have to say, well done mate. This really is a fantastic program :)

I have managed to set up a system whereas Mylar checks ComicBT for my latest reads, downloads the torrent to a folder on my Freenas server, that folder is linked to my seedbox via BTSync, Seedbox downloads my comics and continues to seed them, meanwhile the downloads folder in my seedbox is synced back to my server via BTSync. That folder on my server is automatically scanned by comic rack when I turn my pc on and voila. My comics are ready to read, without me having to lift a finger :)

So quick question... Is there any way to get Mylar to integrate more with my existing comic collection? I have run the comic scan on the manage tab, but I'm not quite sure what that achieves.

Cheers

Rich
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Integration with my collection

Post by evilhero »

CraftyClown wrote:Well firstly I have to say, well done mate. This really is a fantastic program :)

I have managed to set up a system whereas Mylar checks ComicBT for my latest reads, downloads the torrent to a folder on my Freenas server, that folder is linked to my seedbox via BTSync, Seedbox downloads my comics and continues to seed them, meanwhile the downloads folder in my seedbox is synced back to my server via BTSync. That folder on my server is automatically scanned by comic rack when I turn my pc on and voila. My comics are ready to read, without me having to lift a finger :)

So quick question... Is there any way to get Mylar to integrate more with my existing comic collection? I have run the comic scan on the manage tab, but I'm not quite sure what that achieves.

Cheers

Rich
Sounds like you have a similar setup to mine - except I don't use BTSync. I have 3 scripts I created - one that monitors a given directory for any kind of torrent file. Once one is sent to that directory, it sends it to my seedbox and then deletes the torrent file from the directory. The 2nd is a script that does what BTSync does - just hops onto the seedbox and then downloads anything that's new since the last time it was ran. The 3rd script monitors the download directory the 2nd script sends files to, and then sorts them out into the proper directories (it will send tv shows to the sickbeard watch folder, comics to the mylar watch folder, movies to the cp folder, and other files to various other defined directories). I got bored so I also added in a mass unrar (if a download has rars as movies generally do, it will extract the rars, then delete them upon successful extraction), and a tmdb checker where it checks to make sure that a movie is actually a movie. I also did a sport-checker, since I'm an avid wrestling fan and SB sucks at sports, it monitors the directory for anything wrestling related and then moves it to the appropriate folders I have designated.

Yes, I could have used BTSync and such, but this was in an effort to expand on my knowledge and possibly incorporate some of these things into Mylar (the get from seedbox script is pretty much where Mylar got it's send-to portion from).

Not sure if there's anything else you could add to your setup, throw them back into the mylar watch directory so they can get scanned and marked accordingly within Mylar? (and also have meta-tagging done). There's other things, like Reading lists and story arcs and such, but I don't think that's really what you're getting at with your exact setup thus far. The benefit of letting Mylar post-process them after is that it will throw the 'new' releases into a dated folder in the root of your Comic Location directory and 'copy' all the new releases you've downloaded into it so that you can transfer them easier to your tablet or other device. Then when you're done, simply delete the folder and you still have the originals in their Series Directory :)
CraftyClown

Re: Integration with my collection

Post by CraftyClown »

Ha, that does sound like an awesome setup you have

I'm really curious about this third script you have running, that sorts between all your files. If it's not too much trouble, could you briefly explain how that works?

I will start chucking things into the Mylar watch directory and have a play around with that for now :)