Import Comics into Mylar

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Offspring

Re: Import Comics into Mylar

Post by Offspring »

So here's a question. I just ran into this "error":

Code: Select all

nzbname: Hulk_Annual_001(2014)(c2c)(Digi-Hybrid)(TLK-EMPIRE-HD)

Failure - could not initially locate nzbfile in my database to rename.

trying again with this nzbname: Hulk.Annual.001(2014)(c2c)(Digi-Hybrid)(TLK-EMPIRE-HD)

I corrected and found the nzb as : Hulk.Annual.001(2014)(c2c)(Digi-Hybrid)(TLK-EMPIRE-HD)

Mylar didn't post-process it, but it was downloaded through Mylar. It's now stuck in a limbo state, which I've seen before. Is this AD or is this just something that because I'm special and break stuff regularly I ran into? This isn't the first time I've run into it.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Odds are good that you downloaded it previously and if it didn't complete successfully for whatever reason it left the entry in the nzb log. Then you attempt to download another copy, and it writes a new entry to the log, but mylar only checks the first occurrence when trying to find a reference, which would be pointing at old name.

If you don't have anything waiting to pp, you can wipe the nzblog from the history tab (it's a button in upper right). That will remove all your nzb entries so that you can start fresh and then it should be able to match up properly.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Just ran into this again with Nightcrawler. Twice.

nzbname: Nightcrawler.011.2015.Digital.Zone-Empire

Failure - could not initially locate nzbfile in my database to rename.

trying again with this nzbname: Nightcrawler.011.2015.Digital.Zone-Empire

Unable to locate downloaded file to rename. PostProcessing aborted.

Here was the process: added Nightcrawler, autosearched for all 11 issues. 10 were found, 11th wasn't since it hadn't been released yet. Went and did stuff away from computer for about 20 minutes, Mylar automagically found issue 11. Downloaded. Failed with above error. Clicked on "Retry same download" in Mylar. Failed with same reason.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

This was just mentioned and discovered on github.. What provider are you downloading these from? If it's dog, I believe they're stripping out brackets from the nzbname now which is messing up mylar.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Yeah, dog is one of the providers along with my own personal newznab and usenet-crawler.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Ok so it's not a dog issue, I just grabbed a few to test and they all post-processed fine with no problems.

It has to be an nzbname difference between what mylar thinks it is, and what's being sent to it from your download client.

Can you post the mylar.log showing the generation of the nzbname and then it failing on the post-processing trying to find said nzbname?

In your sabnzbd, do you have replace spaces, or characters enabled? And what version of sabnzbd are you currently running?

PS. Going to move this into its own thread abit later, as this convo doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand ;)
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

I meant to reply to this and...forgot. My bad. I've lost these logs, so when I see it happen again, I'll toss them on here. I do have replace spaces enabled, as well as illegal characters. I do not have replace dots enabled.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

evilhero wrote:
Offspring wrote:If you add the comics into your Watchlist and then go into each folder and click Recheck Files it'll search for them. If the files have multiple numbers in them, like 01 (of 05) it'll miss them. You can also just put them into a "dump" folder and then use the Manage > Scan Comic Library option to manually import them into your list. For the manual rechecking of files you'll need to manually rename them too (clicking Rename Files button), and I've never really had success with Scan Comic Library so I'm not sure if it autorenames them for you, but I usually do the former.
You've had alot of experience in working through things with Mylar lately, and hopefully it's all working better than it was initially (I haven't noticed as many postings of issues as of late, so maybe I'm just assuming lol). Alos, just to clarify, if you put them in a "dump" folder, and the files exist on your watchlist - Scan Library isn't the option you want to use. You would use the Manage > Manual Post-Processing tab to post-process the issues and point the post-processing to the "dump folder. The Scan Library option is intended for series' that don't exist on your watchlist (it will add the series to your watchlist and move/rename the files during the process if you have the option enabled).

However, if you have already moved the issues into the series directory (and the series already exists on your watchlist), then you can just click on ReCheck Files and it will scan them in.

I also wasn't aware of the 01 (of 05) problem - it's always worked for me, again depending on the filenaming that's being used (simply 'Batman death in the family 01 (of 04) (2009) (blah).cbr' should work).
Question about this. I am currently trying to scan a folder with a bunch of comics for a series I already have. Specifically Generation X. Is there any way to check the progress of it? I looked at the logs but didn't see anything. If not, having some sort of graphical display would be nice to let people know it's actually running and doing its thing.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Another question: how do you go about adding spaces if you're on a Linux box? For example, I renamed the "Generation X" folder to "Generation_X" as a workaround, but there's another folder inside of there, and there's a ton of other folders I'd like to import as well but they all include spaces.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Offspring wrote:Question about this. I am currently trying to scan a folder with a bunch of comics for a series I already have. Specifically Generation X. Is there any way to check the progress of it? I looked at the logs but didn't see anything. If not, having some sort of graphical display would be nice to let people know it's actually running and doing its thing.
When your'e scanning in doing a manual post-processing, the logs should indicate exactly what's going on...but based on another post you did in regards to this, the logging has stopped due to the inability to write to the log file when it's the 1/2 issue.
Offspring wrote:Another question: how do you go about adding spaces if you're on a Linux box? For example, I renamed the "Generation X" folder to "Generation_X" as a workaround, but there's another folder inside of there, and there's a ton of other folders I'd like to import as well but they all include spaces.
If you're typing in the path within Mylar (meaning in one of the fields, manual post-processing, etc), you don't need to do anything - Mylar will handle figuring it out and will drill-down into the sub-folders as required. So you just need to enter in the full path as is.

However, If you're in the shell and you want to cd into the directory, you need to quote the entire path, otherwise you just need to reference the filename within quotes if the path isn't part of it, so :

/mnt/media/Comics/Avengers (2013)/Avengers 001 (Digital).cbr
becomes
'/mnt/media/Comics/Avengers (2013)/Avengers 001 (Digital).cbr'