Import Comics into Mylar

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Offspring

Re: Import Comics into Mylar

Post by Offspring »

I've seen them fail before because idiots like to add ___ or __ to the name so Mylar fails to parse the name properly, so I rename it while it's in the queue to try and get Mylar to process it properly...which fails.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Offspring wrote:I've seen them fail before because idiots like to add ___ or __ to the name so Mylar fails to parse the name properly, so I rename it while it's in the queue to try and get Mylar to process it properly...which fails.
The naming of the nzb name can be completely different than the actual name of the filename. Mylar takes different actions for both. Even if an nzbname has ___ or __ (or ....), Mylar will strip those out so that it can properly match the nzbnames and initiate the post-processing calls properly. Renaming it while it's in the SABnzbd/NZBget queue will cause mylar to not be able to find the proper matchup and then bork out. Renaming torrents won't have much impact, unless you have the notify on torrents option enabled, in which case it 'might' cause the odd problem therein.

There really needs to be a standardized naming method for comics - almost like the scene-rules they have for movies/tv/music. I know the scanning groups do follow some sort of basic naming convention, but it's not standardized or even enforced across groups, as there is no 'dupecheck' for comics :/
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Really? I've seen it fail on ___ and __ repeatedly, which is why I went about trying to rename them myself. And yeah, I completely agree about there needing to be a standard, and it sucks that there's no dupecheck :/.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

If it's failing on the ___ and __, then it's not the nzb names themselves - Mylar isn't compensating properly for the characters themselves (it will store the nzb name without the ___ and __, but then when it goes to post-process it doesn't do anything).

I'd have to see an example of one if you have one handy so I could do some testing and see where it's failing (as it should be able to handle those properly).
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Code: Select all

nzbname: Hercules_-_Fall_of_an_Avenger_02__of_02___2010___Minutemen-TerminatedTewns

Failure - could not initially locate nzbfile in my database to rename.

trying again with this nzbname: Hercules.-.Fall.of.an.Avenger.02..of.02...2010...Minutemen-TerminatedTewns

Unable to locate downloaded file to rename. PostProcessing aborted.

nzbname: Green_Arrow_-_Black_Canary_027__2010___Team_Second-Class_Citizens-DCP

trying again with this nzbname: Green.Arrow.-.Black.Canary.027..2010...Team.Second-Class.Citizens-DCP

nzbname: Green_Arrow_-_Black_Canary_026__2010___Avalon-SCC-DCP

trying again with this nzbname: Green.Arrow.-.Black.Canary.026..2010...Avalon-SCC-DCP

evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Are you downloading these files outside of Mylar by chance ? I can't get Mylar to even find them in a search and download the nzb's, since they're not following a typical sort of naming convention.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Don't think so? I know I didn't search for the Hercules one, since I was just mass clicking the search icon as I imported. For Canary and Green Arrow it's possible that I found it on my newznab server, and then said "it's Comics, go go gadget post-processing!"
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

heh, the post-processing done by ComicRN doesn't work unless it was Mylar that initiated the search/send-to.

If you're trying to run the 'go-go gadget post-processing' on these types of manual downloads, it won't work.

I'll try and check on the Hercules one (of course I just tried the other two), obviously I'm gonna have to do some work on the search-matching again ;)
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Well that sucks. Is there any way to get the "go-go gadget Mylar!" to ever work for manual downloads outside of Mylar?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

At this point in time, not without some reworking of the ComicRN / autoProcessComics scripts.

Currently your best bet is to just download them outside of Mylar without running the ComicRN script. When your'e all done, do a manual post-processing on the download folder (use the Manual Post-Processing option within Mylar). Should work just fine doing that. You could even point the downloads to your Mylar Watch folder, so that Mylar will download them and automatically put them in a specific directory that mylar will scan every X minutes (if you have the option enabled of course) and post-process them accordingly.