Import Comics into Mylar

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Spritzup

Import Comics into Mylar

Post by Spritzup »

Good Morning,

I've recently been on a media clean up binge and the last things I have to do are my Comics. Now I've downloaded a bunch of comic sets off of the Humble Bundle deals, and would like to import them into Mylar (to keep the naming convention consistent and to grab any missing files. However, I can't seem to get it to work.

I've tried adding the comic in question to Mylar's watch list, and then dumping my downloaded file into the watch directory. Yet it still doesn't seem to post-process and import it...

Am I missing something, or is this functionality not available?

Thanks!

~Spritz
Offspring

Re: Import Comics into Mylar

Post by Offspring »

If you add the comics into your Watchlist and then go into each folder and click Recheck Files it'll search for them. If the files have multiple numbers in them, like 01 (of 05) it'll miss them. You can also just put them into a "dump" folder and then use the Manage > Scan Comic Library option to manually import them into your list. For the manual rechecking of files you'll need to manually rename them too (clicking Rename Files button), and I've never really had success with Scan Comic Library so I'm not sure if it autorenames them for you, but I usually do the former.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Spritzup wrote:Good Morning,

I've recently been on a media clean up binge and the last things I have to do are my Comics. Now I've downloaded a bunch of comic sets off of the Humble Bundle deals, and would like to import them into Mylar (to keep the naming convention consistent and to grab any missing files. However, I can't seem to get it to work.

I've tried adding the comic in question to Mylar's watch list, and then dumping my downloaded file into the watch directory. Yet it still doesn't seem to post-process and import it...

Am I missing something, or is this functionality not available?
It all depends on how you have the files are named. When Mylar scans through your watch folder looking for issues that are on your watch list, the filenames have to have the following:
- SeriesName
- Issue Number
- Issue Year or Volume label (usually denoted as v4, vol.4, or v2011 even)

If the series is the only one in existance (meaning no reboots, it's a vol1 kinda thing) then you don't need to populate the issue year/volume label. Otherwise, you need to be able to distinguish them (think if you had all the reboots in one directory, without the volume labelling - you wouldn't be able to tell which issue belongs to which series without alot of trouble).

The volume label and issue year become important when you have multiple series reboots and you have at least one of those series on your watchlist (ie. you have Wolverine-(2014)). Mylar will automatically attempt to determine the volume label from ComicVine - if it can figure it out, it will auto-populate the label into Mylar and then it becomes a constraint that has to be matched in order for an issue to be considered a match (ie. if you have Wolverine-2014, and it's populated the volume label as v5 - if the issues you're trying to scan in don't have either the numeric volume label(v5) or the series year volume label (v2014) it won't scan it in.
Offspring wrote:If you add the comics into your Watchlist and then go into each folder and click Recheck Files it'll search for them. If the files have multiple numbers in them, like 01 (of 05) it'll miss them. You can also just put them into a "dump" folder and then use the Manage > Scan Comic Library option to manually import them into your list. For the manual rechecking of files you'll need to manually rename them too (clicking Rename Files button), and I've never really had success with Scan Comic Library so I'm not sure if it autorenames them for you, but I usually do the former.
You've had alot of experience in working through things with Mylar lately, and hopefully it's all working better than it was initially (I haven't noticed as many postings of issues as of late, so maybe I'm just assuming lol). Alos, just to clarify, if you put them in a "dump" folder, and the files exist on your watchlist - Scan Library isn't the option you want to use. You would use the Manage > Manual Post-Processing tab to post-process the issues and point the post-processing to the "dump folder. The Scan Library option is intended for series' that don't exist on your watchlist (it will add the series to your watchlist and move/rename the files during the process if you have the option enabled).

However, if you have already moved the issues into the series directory (and the series already exists on your watchlist), then you can just click on ReCheck Files and it will scan them in.

I also wasn't aware of the 01 (of 05) problem - it's always worked for me, again depending on the filenaming that's being used (simply 'Batman death in the family 01 (of 04) (2009) (blah).cbr' should work).
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Yeah, I got sick this week so I haven't had as much time to tinker, thus the lack of posting.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Actually just had the (of_X) happen. Here's the post-processing script error from SABnzbd:

Code: Select all

nzbname: Marvel's_Ant-Man_Prelude_01_(of_02)_(2015)_(Digital)_(Zone-Empire)

Failure - could not initially locate nzbfile in my database to rename.

trying again with this nzbname: Marvel's.Ant-Man.Prelude.01.(of.02).(2015).(Digital).(Zone-Empire)

Unable to locate downloaded file to rename. PostProcessing aborted.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Offspring wrote:Actually just had the (of_X) happen. Here's the post-processing script error from SABnzbd:

nzbname: Marvel's_Ant-Man_Prelude_01_(of_02)_(2015)_(Digital)_(Zone-Empire)

trying again with this nzbname: Marvel's.Ant-Man.Prelude.01.(of.02).(2015).(Digital).(Zone-Empire)

Actually doesn't have anything to do with the (of X) in the issue. It has to do with the ' being present in the nzbname, but mylar stored it without. Simple patch to the PostProcessor to account for the missing ', et viola:

08-Feb-2015 14:23:02 - INFO :: Thread-14 : [UPDATER] Updating status to snatched
08-Feb-2015 14:23:02 - INFO :: Thread-14 : [UPDATER] Updated the status (Snatched) complete for Marvel's Ant-Man Prelude Issue: 1
08-Feb-2015 14:23:16 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-6 : ComicRN.py version: 1.0 -- autoProcessComics.py version: 1.0
08-Feb-2015 14:23:16 - INFO :: CP Server Thread-6 : Starting postprocessing for : Marvel's Ant-Man Prelude 01 (of 02) (2015) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr
08-Feb-2015 14:23:16 - INFO :: Post-Processing : [POST-PROCESSING] issuenzb found.
08-Feb-2015 14:23:16 - INFO :: Post-Processing : [DUPECHECK] Duplicate check for /mnt/mediavg/Incoming/Comics/Marvel's Ant-Man Prelude 01 (of 02) (2015) (Digital) (Zone-Empire).cbr.1
08-Feb-2015 14:23:16 - INFO :: Post-Processing : [DUPECHECK] Duplication detection returned no hits. This is not a duplicate of anything that I have scanned in as of yet.
08-Feb-2015 14:23:16 - INFO :: Post-Processing : [POST-PROCESSING] Starting Post-Processing for Marvel's Ant-Man Prelude issue: 1
Will be up in next development commit ;)
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Awesome.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Now in development commit: f31f279

"FIX: If an issue was downloaded where the series contained an ', it would fail to match up on post-processing due not accounting for the ' properly within the nzb name that is stored by Mylar"
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Awesome, but I just realized there's another case, and I'm not sure how easy it is to resolve. Sorry to Spirtzup for thread hijacking.

If I rename how a download should look, for example Uncanny_X-Men_v04_-_..._vs._S.H.I.E.L.D._(2014)_(Digital)_(Zone-Empire) to Uncanny_X-Men_v04-vs._S.H.I.E.L.D._(2014)_(Digital)_(Zone-Empire) it fails because it can't find the original NZB. Here's the post-processing log:

nzbname: Uncanny_X-Men_v04-vs._S.H.I.E.L.D._(2014)_(Digital)_(Zone-Empire)

trying again with this nzbname: Uncanny.X-Men.v04-vs..S.H.I.E.L.D..(2014).(Digital).(Zone-Empire)

evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Offspring wrote:Awesome, but I just realized there's another case, and I'm not sure how easy it is to resolve. Sorry to Spirtzup for thread hijacking.

If I rename how a download should look, for example Uncanny_X-Men_v04_-_..._vs._S.H.I.E.L.D._(2014)_(Digital)_(Zone-Empire) to Uncanny_X-Men_v04-vs._S.H.I.E.L.D._(2014)_(Digital)_(Zone-Empire) it fails because it can't find the original NZB. Here's the post-processing log:

nzbname: Uncanny_X-Men_v04-vs._S.H.I.E.L.D._(2014)_(Digital)_(Zone-Empire)

trying again with this nzbname: Uncanny.X-Men.v04-vs..S.H.I.E.L.D..(2014).(Digital).(Zone-Empire)

Yep, that's the correct behaviour. When the issue gets into a Snatched status and the issue is sent to SABnzbd (or torrents), it stores the name of the nzb/torrent (minus any special characters). It then attaches the actual IssueID for the given issue to that 'nzb name''. When a post-processing call is issued via the ComicRN script, it sends the nzbname to mylar for the post-processing. Mylar then removes any special characters, and does a compare in it's db table for the given 'nzb name'. If it finds it, it will continue with post-processing as it has an IssueID to reference. Otherwise, it will blurb back that it was unable to locate the downloaded file.

In almost every case (aside from torrents usually), Mylar cannot change the actual name of the nzb - as it's passed through the download link it uses to download the nzb/torrent to the respective client. The only other time that Myar would rename the 'nzb name' from the original is when you use the blackhole method, as Mylar has to first download the nzb in order to place it into the blackhole directory.

Aside from cosmetic reasons, is there another reason why you are wanting to change the nzbname ? Once it is downloading, there's not really a need to change the name unless the folders/files aren't being cleaned up properly afterwards.