Logs only keep 5 backups?

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Offspring

Logs only keep 5 backups?

Post by Offspring »

How come the logging folder only cycles through 6 total log files, and 5 backups? I noticed that I've got mylar.log, mylar.log.1, mylar.log.2, mylar.log.3, mylar.log.4, mylar.log.5 and then it just recycles. Is that to try and minimize disk space or is there some other reason/
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Logs only keep 5 backups?

Post by evilhero »

Offspring wrote:How come the logging folder only cycles through 6 total log files, and 5 backups? I noticed that I've got mylar.log, mylar.log.1, mylar.log.2, mylar.log.3, mylar.log.4, mylar.log.5 and then it just recycles. Is that to try and minimize disk space or is there some other reason/
Yes that's correct - it only holds the 5 + main log for retention and to minimize disk space (although, really even set to 5mb/log if you can't spare 30mb what kind of OS are you running?)

You can change the file size of the logs though within the GUI (Configuration / Advanced Options).

You can change the number of logs, but you'd have to change the coding:

If you want to change the number of log files to retain, you need to edit the logger.py module, and change MAX_FILES on line 30, to whatever numeric you want:

Code: Select all

MAX_FILES = 5