A Couple Scripts to Share, and a Question

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Tucker28

Re: A Couple Scripts to Share, and a Question

Post by Tucker28 »

Hmmm, I checked that option, but I assume I'll need more scripts for it to do that? I am using Transmission as well for downloading.

Is this script for use in Mylar or Transmission? I'm not sure what to do with it
wyth

Post by wyth »

Tucker28 wrote:Hmmm, I checked that option, but I assume I'll need more scripts for it to do that? I am using Transmission as well for downloading.

Is this script for use in Mylar or Transmission? I'm not sure what to do with it
The first script is for use with transmission. You have to set up transmission to run the script when a torrent has completed. The second script is for Mylar.
Tucker28

Post by Tucker28 »

Where do you put a script in transmission?

Also, does this script have any advantages over using the group options? I have a group set that automatically labels a torrent as comics if any file has an extension of .cbz or .cbr. If so, it is set to use a different folder, which I have mylar set to watch. I also have transmission set to remove the torrent from the list when it is finished. Is there anyway in this script to do different things based on groups? Also, if the script is used from transmission, why does it need to use the remote option? No disrespect intended. I am just VERY curious, and understanding this would benefit me in learning scripts as well.
wyth

Post by wyth »

Tucker28 wrote:Where do you put a script in transmission?

Also, does this script have any advantages over using the group options? I have a group set that automatically labels a torrent as comics if any file has an extension of .cbz or .cbr. If so, it is set to use a different folder, which I have mylar set to watch. I also have transmission set to remove the torrent from the list when it is finished. Is there anyway in this script to do different things based on groups? Also, if the script is used from transmission, why does it need to use the remote option? No disrespect intended. I am just VERY curious, and understanding this would benefit me in learning scripts as well.
You configure in transmission where the script is. I'm running this on a headless server, and it sounds like you are not. So I don't have any grouping options or the like that you've already set up.
Tucker28

Post by Tucker28 »

Mine has no monitor or anything else, but I remote into it and use the GUI that way, so that's probably where I got confused. Thanks!