Expected naming convention?

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Offspring

Expected naming convention?

Post by Offspring »

I've got the Original Sin side-stories (Hulk vs. Iron-Man; Thor & Loki) in the Original Sin folder, but I can't seem to figure out what the filename structure that Mylar's looking for is so that I can tell it to just rename the files to match what it wants, as opposed to saying that the files are simply "Wanted". Looking at the log isn't very helpful as it simply says "I only see 9 of 18 files." What is it looking for so I can rename the files to be picked up, then it can rename them to fit the rest of the story?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Expected naming convention?

Post by evilhero »

As long as you have the series title and issue number the rest will either help (issue year/volume label) or force mylar to ignore (not having any of the above).

The problem with that series is that a lot of posters left out the actual series name so it got posted as 'Hulk vs. Iron Man 2' instead of 'Original Sin 3.2 - Hulk vs. iron Man 2'..now with that said, a commit is coming shortly that will allow for Issue titles to be included in the filename so the above would work. Currently, only searching for these types works (meaning if mylar comes across a filename with an issue title in it, it should be able to try and figure out if it matches).

So right now, naming it 'Original Sin 3.1 (2014).cbz' kinda format would allow mylar to scan it in.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

OK, I had it set to Original Sin Hulk vs. Iron Man 003.1 but it wasn't catching it.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Offspring wrote:OK, I had it set to Original Sin Hulk vs. Iron Man 003.1 but it wasn't catching it.
If you wanted to retain that filename, then you'd have to make use of the Alternate Search Name field. Set it to 'Original Sin - Hulk vs. Iron Man' hit update, and then rescan. It will pick it up then ;)
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

I just renamed it to Original Sin 003.1 and it picked it up, then told it to scan.