Reading Lists?

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
dbznokia

Reading Lists?

Post by dbznokia »

Is there a way to create and import a reading list into Mylar? I've got a ton of comics from an old install and importing is way too slow as I have to do each one one by one. Thinking of moving them into a temp folder and doing the manual processing instead. Only problem is that they need to be on my watchlist first for them to be moved?

What's the quickest way to create a largish watchlist?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Reading Lists?

Post by evilhero »

dbznokia wrote:Is there a way to create and import a reading list into Mylar?
Yes, if you go into the Manage tab / Advanced options / Story Arcs you can import a .cbl file into Mylar. This will create the list for Mylar, and you can then Search for Issues you already have on your watchlist, or Search for Missing Issues (If I recall atm, I believe you have to do it in sequence, search your existing watchlist first - then search for missing issues as it assigns some keys upon not finding existing issues that are then used when searching for missing issues). There's a thread here on how to create the .cbl manually if you wanted to.

I've got a ton of comics from an old install and importing is way too slow as I have to do each one one by one. Thinking of moving them into a temp folder and doing the manual processing instead. Only problem is that they need to be on my watchlist first for them to be moved?
What's the quickest way to create a largish watchlist?
You are correct that they need to be on your watchlist for the manual post-processing to work - they'll be skipped over otherwise. I'm currently looking into the multiple importing, so hopefully within a day or two (depending on how busy life gets) I'll have something to push out to the development branch to get tested fully. Unfortunately, at this time the quickest way is to do the individual importing like you've been doing - at least until the commit I'm working on goes live. You could, if you knew the comicid's of the series, add them directly via the Search button - and then you could manually post-process afterwards. It might save a few steps (since once you give it the comicid in the format of 4050-xxxxxx it auto-imports without any prompts), but again you'd have to know the comicid's ahead of time to do this.

This is one of those areas that needs to get added / improved upon, but it happens so infrequently that the issue rarely comes up (and then when it's solved, it's not needed anymore). It'd be fairly easy to implement a bulk comicid import, but it would be along the same time-frame as the multiple selection import - and one would take the backseat to the other when it comes to coding, so at this point - I'm concentrating soley on the multiple importing with the hopes of getting that out and then the rest should fall into place thereafter ;)
dbznokia

Post by dbznokia »

Cool ok, if you are working on the bulk import, maybe I'll hold off so that I can test the code when ready.
dbznokia

Post by dbznokia »

How did you go with the multiple importing fix?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

dbznokia wrote:How did you go with the multiple importing fix?
Going alot slower than anticipated unfortunately - I have it being able to cycle and retain the results when it can't auto-import a series though. So if you give it 4-5 series that you want to mass import, the ones it can't import automatically it will create a 'Select' link within the ImportResults screen. Clicking on that link will bring you to a search results page that was found for the series and you can click the correct one to add. Since it retains the search results for every series, this should help with some things.

I've had to do alot of flow changes and backend stuff in order to accomodate some things - I still haven't got it working completely (it will bomb out if it can auto-import some, and then tries to store the results for the others), but it's getting there. I might even throw in the metadata scanner too, since it was already included previously but was never turned on (where if you have a cbz file you're importing, it will scan the tagging of the file and use that to determine the series more accurately - especially if you used a tagger than imbeds the ComicID/IssueID into the tags).

I'm still working on it, just the time constraint has been pretty bad this past week for myself - I have some hours tomorrow I'm going to dedicate to Mylar, so hopefully I can make some further progress.