Not importing existing collection

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
dbznokia

Not importing existing collection

Post by dbznokia »

I've setup a new server with mylar installed. My collection is on another server and referenced through a local mount. No issues adding new collections within mylar but I can't seem to import my existing collection. Don't get an error or anything?

Is there a quick and easy way to import into the mylar db? No renaming or moving is required as this was done by a previous install of mylar.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Not importing existing collection

Post by evilhero »

You'd have to still go the normal Import a Directory option off of the Manage tab. Once it completes, you'll be shown a blank page (I'm assuming this is what you meant when you said you get no response), you'll then have to hit the back button on your browser to return you to the initial import page, then click on the Advanced Options tab (within the Manage tab), and select Import Results Management. From there you can selectively import your series and see what mylar was able to figure out.
dbznokia

Post by dbznokia »

Hmmmm lists them but can't bulk import them for some reason. Just dies. Have to import one by one.

Code: Select all

10-Dec-2014 13:02:08 - INFO    :: Thread-13 : pausing for 60 seconds before continuing to avoid hammering
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : initiating mass import mode for Batman The Dark Knight
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : initiating mass import mode for Batman Incorporated
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : initiating mass import mode for Batman Eternal
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : initiating mass import mode for Batman
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : initiating mass import mode for Batman Earth One
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : initiating mass import mode for Action Comics
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : initiating mass import mode for Batman Annual
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : initiating mass import mode for Batman-Superman Annual
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : initiating mass import mode for Batwing
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : initiating mass import mode for Batman-Superman
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - INFO    :: CP Server Thread-4 : initiating mass import mode for Batman The Dark Knight Annual
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - DEBUG   :: CP Server Thread-4 : Mass importing the following series: [u'Batman The Dark Knight', u'Batman Incorporated', u'Batman Eternal', u'Batman', u'Batman Earth One', u'Action Comics', u'Batman Annual', u'Batman-Superman Annual', u'Batwing', u'Batman-Superman', u'Batman The Dark Knight Annual']
10-Dec-2014 13:02:29 - ERROR   :: Thread-15 : Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/dbznokia/.mylar/mylar/logger.py", line 140, in new_run
    old_run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/home/dbznokia/.mylar/mylar/webserve.py", line 2862, in preSearchit
    sresults, explicit = mb.findComic(displaycomic, mode, issue=numissues, limityear=yearRANGE, explicit='all') #ogcname, mode, issue=numissues, limityear=yearRANGE, explicit='all') #ComicName, mode, issue=numissues, limityear=yearRANGE)
  File "/home/dbznokia/.mylar/mylar/mb.py", line 74, in findComic
    if any((c in chars) for c in name):
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Ugh, that's actually due to the code itself. It was never built around a loop or being able to do more than one at a time due to the way the structure was (back when it was done initially). It needs to get updated big time - I'll add this to the top of my to-do queue as it's been happening for a very long time and I always seem to neglect it, and currently there aren't that many "need to get fixed immediately" bugs.