Bash script that better interfaces with transmission

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
bmfrosty

Bash script that better interfaces with transmission

Post by bmfrosty »

This script can be installed as a cron job, and will provide a better interface to transmission than a flat watch directory. Specifically, it allows you to specify a directory where the completed file will go.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash
# Path to Transmission Remote
TR="/usr/bin/transmission-remote"
# Path to Watch Directory <- have mylar point here
WD="/path/to/your/mylar/watch/directory/"
# This should be where mylar scans for new comics
DD="/mylar/looks/for/new/comics/here/"
# Add flags here for logging in to your transmission daemon or client - documentation here - http://linux.die.net/man/1/transmission-remote
TRFLAG=" "
if [ -x $TR ] ; then
	cd $WD
	for i in *.torrent ; do
		if [[ $i != "*.torrent" ]] ; then
                        # echo $TR $TRFLAG -a "$i" -w "$DD"  #uncomment this to debug your execution output.
			$TR $TRFLAG -a "$i" -w "$DD" > /dev/null
			if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
				mv "$i" "$i.added";
			fi ;
		fi ;
	done
else
	echo "$TR isn't an executable - aborting"
fi
sirded

Re: Bash script that better interfaces with transmission

Post by sirded »

Hi sorry fore asking but what does installing as a cronjob mean? It sounds like this script is exactly what im looking fore. If i understand correctly it will let transmission put the cbr in the folder fore the corresponding titel? will it also chance the snatched status to archived ? Im using Mylar with transmission on apple.
Installing Mylar was easy enough but this is a little above my head without further explanation. i try'd googling it but what i got from that was mostly is that i should be using a launch file instead of a cron job?

It looks like this installing of a cron job is mostly a copy paste kind of thing but im not exactly sure were and how. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great !
sirded

Re: Bash script that better interfaces with transmission

Post by sirded »

Never mind i figured it out !