Mylar recognizing comics, but not the files

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
anorak

Mylar recognizing comics, but not the files

Post by anorak »

I have a comicrack library and I would like mylar to automatically download new comics for me every week. I have imported my library, and Mylar recognized them immediately. The problem is, it doesn't know I have all the current issues. https://imgur.com/RZrdlLC

These are all 100% up to date but Mylar says I have none. All files are in CBZ format, metadata tagged via the comicvine plugin from Comicrack, and organized using the Library Organizer plugin from Comicrack. I basically just want Mylar to download new comics to a specified folder, have comicrack scan that specific folder, and I'll just manually tag it using the comicvine plugin then use library organizer add it to my library. Then I want Mylar to scan my library and see that the new comics are there and tagged. Is that possible?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mylar recognizing comics, but not the files

Post by evilhero »

When you imported the files into Mylar - how did you do it ? As that kinda will dictate where Mylar will look for your series. You can verify this by looking at the series detail page for any series on your watchlist - near the top it will show the Comic Location - where Mylar thinks the files should be. If it's different than what your'e wanting/needing you might have to start over.

If you used the Import A Directory option, there is an option there to use the original paths as the series location folders. Enabling this option will allow you to keep your files in their existing locations, yet Mylar can monitor those locations for files. As long as you don't enable the move option (I know it says stuff about Archiving, but if you have the original paths option enabled, it doesn't mark them as Archived, but as Downloaded as long as it can parse the filenames). The only bonus is that if they're all properly metatagged they should be picked up as easily as they did the first time, only they'll be pointing to the correct locations.

Mylar also has a built-in metatagging feature that uses ComicTagger - so you really wouldn't need to use the comicvine plugin if you had that enabled. Mylar will automatically metatag the files as they are post-processed into their respective locations - saving you the trouble of having to manually do things. Plus, since Mylar already knows the ComicID/IssueID prior to downloading the item, when it goes to post-process and metatag it doesn't have to parse the filename to see what it's dealing with (like the cvscraper has to do), and instead just assigns the ComicID and IssueID and queries CV for that specific issue.

But again, personal preferences - if you still used CVscaper to tag and the library organizer - you'd have to manually recheck the respective series to pick up the new cbz files (since when Mylar would have downloaded them they would be cbr most likely), or wait for the series to update on it's own (it rechecks the files on an update, but the updates are scheduled for up to a week at a time depending on the size of your library).