Extra Script and Manual Metatagging

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
senorsmartypants

Extra Script and Manual Metatagging

Post by senorsmartypants »

I ran a manual metatagging on an issue with debug logging turned on. It appears that manual metatagging does not trigger the extra script from Post-Processing to run. Which I guess makes sense since metatagging is just one part of post-processing.

Is there anyway to manually trigger the extra script to run? (or the whole post processing?)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Extra Script and Manual Metatagging

Post by evilhero »

ATM, no there's no way to call the extra script from the manual metatagging, since like you mentioned, it's just one aspect of the overall post-processing run.

Going forward tho, I'm not sure where the best place would be to add that option:
- either in the API (which would be fine, but then we'd have to be passing stuff back and forth and we'd have to come up with how the data was getting into the API call).
- additional aspect added to the metatagging call, which would be the simplest but I'm sure there are users that don't want the extra aspect added (and since it's just a button, the checkboxes enabling isn't present).

I'd be more willing to entertain the API aspect, but that wouldn't help when using manual metatagging from the GUI...
senorsmartypants

Re: Extra Script and Manual Metatagging

Post by senorsmartypants »

Ok. Today I'm just working on developing a new extra script. Was trying to test from the UI, but just doing it command line now.