Copy the new comics?

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
fredodido

Copy the new comics?

Post by fredodido »

Hello,
Sorry to ask the question, maybe it is written somewhere but I can't find it.
I would like copy any news comics (downloaded or manually added) into a specific directory (so to summarise, the file would be in 2 places: in the Mylar library AND in this new directory)
This directory would be synchronised with my tablet, so any new comics would be available on it :)

How can I do this? Thanks
barbequesauce

Re: Copy the new comics?

Post by barbequesauce »

I assume you've looked at the OPDS server's "Recent comics" view and it doesnt work for you?

Not sure you can do that native to Mylar... you could always have your downloader (Transmission, Deluge, NZBGet/SAB etc) make a second copy somewhere, but then you lose Mylar's tagging and renaming/organizing...
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

I use a program called create synchronicty

Every night at a specified time, it syncs up my comic hard drive to my backup hard drive. Thus I always have a backed up copy of my comics drive.

I'm guessing this would work for your purposes? On Windows anyways, not sure if it's available for any other OS.

hxxp://synchronicity.sourceforge.net/
barbequesauce

Post by barbequesauce »

I realized this morning that there is an easy answer to this - on the post processing tab of configuration, there are checkboxes to run scripts both before and after post processing. Maybe one of these can be used to add a copy command?
fredodido

Post by fredodido »

Thanks for your answers
there are checkboxes to run scripts both before and after post processing
That is more or less what I had in mind. I was thinking about putting a cp or something like this in a script, and put this script in the post processing field. But what should I copy? Is there a variable or something, that contain the path/name of the file that has just been processed?
frameset

Post by frameset »

fredodido wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:27 am Thanks for your answers
there are checkboxes to run scripts both before and after post processing
That is more or less what I had in mind. I was thinking about putting a cp or something like this in a script, and put this script in the post processing field. But what should I copy? Is there a variable or something, that contain the path/name of the file that has just been processed?
If your system supports them, you could use symbolic links in your proposed "recent" directory and point them at the new comics. This would save you on disk space.
fredodido

Post by fredodido »

frameset wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:39 am If your system supports them, you could use symbolic links in your proposed "recent" directory and point them at the new comics. This would save you on disk space.
Agreed, but how do I know what is a new comics? Is there a variable set for the post processor script that contains information about it?
frameset

Post by frameset »

fredodido wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:08 pm
frameset wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:39 am If your system supports them, you could use symbolic links in your proposed "recent" directory and point them at the new comics. This would save you on disk space.
Agreed, but how do I know what is a new comics? Is there a variable set for the post processor script that contains information about it?
Hmm that's a good point. When you were talking about "recent" comics I had assumed you meant "new to your system", not "brand new comics for this week".
fredodido

Post by fredodido »

Just to be clear, what I have in mind is:
- Mylar downloads a new comic book OR finds one in the inbound directory
- It renames the file, and move it to the serie's directory

To this, I would like to add a last step that would be:
- It then copies this comic book in MY new directory

I suppose the purpose of the script you can defined as "Script to run after the post process" (or something like this, I don't Mylar opened right now) is to run your own code? So is it possible to add the copy of the file that Mylar has just processed?
Bart274

Post by Bart274 »

On what OS is mylar running?

What does the second folder look like? Is it an exact copy of your entire comic library or do you delete the read items in the second library?