rtorrent configuration with Mylar

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Otsdarva

rtorrent configuration with Mylar

Post by Otsdarva »

I'm unable to get mylar to talk to my rtorrent/rutorrent installation on my Archlinux machine. I'm not sure what to put in the "rtorrent host:port" box (tried 127.0.0.1:<port number>, 192.168.1.<ip>:<port number>, 192.168.1.<ip>/rutorrent, and a few other similar permutations.) As far as rtorrent authentication goes, I'm not sure if I need anything to go in there either, since mylar and rtorrent are running on the same machine and I don't have an rtorrent/rutorrent-specific login. I also don't know what "rtorrent RPC" is, though it sounds like I should. Can anyone help me out?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: rtorrent configuration with Mylar

Post by evilhero »

- Well you don't need the port, since rutorrent usually listens on either 443 or 80 depending on if you have SSL enabled. So just the domain or IP (ie. localhost, 127.0.0.1) is all that's required, unless you're using SCGI then you need to indicate that.
- Basic / Digest authentication is dependent on your rutorrent installation. Typically Basic works for non-SSL connections, however you could have Basic authentication with SSL (I'm not sure if you can have Digest authenication without SSL however). But being that you have no password, just leave both username & password blank.
- RPC is a requirement as that's how Mylar sends the commands to rtorrent in order to do what it does. In order to do this you need to have one of the listed plugins installed and available: either the HTTPRPC or the RPC plugin. The typical paths you enter into the RPC field are listed beneath the option in the Mylar dialog, however the RPC plugin might denote a different RPC#.
- The test connection button for rutorrent within Mylar should give you more feedback if you have something misconfiigured (make sure to enable debug logging prior to doing it tho so you can at least get back the full troubleshooting worthy log)