One-Offs

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
capGrundy

One-Offs

Post by capGrundy »

I've been using this during events like the DC's Metal to get the one-shot Batmans. When I click it for the upcoming week, I don't see where that goes, and if it ever gets the title.

How do I view one-off requests, and the results? I suppose for the latter I can just look for the downloaded content, but the lack of a positive won't show a negative, if it didn't work.

Fun fact: I did try to search the board for help, but if you type in one-off, it tells you that those words are too generic, and nope, it ain't gonna do it.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: One-Offs

Post by evilhero »

heh, the board sucks for searches - not sure if it's because there are so many posts, or lack of power, but just generally searching on the board seems to fail usually (at least for me).

As far as the one-offs, there is no way to currently track the one-off downloads aside from the history page, and/or the weekly pull itself. If you have Mylar do the post-processing of your files, when the issue is downloaded the status in the weekly pull will change to Downloaded status to indicate that it's been downloaded. That's why clicking on the title won't get you anywhere - there is no series for it to call up, although at the very minimum if it's not in your watchlist, it should still flip to the comicvine series page.

I'll see if I can put something together where you can view the one-off's seeing as how if you do it over a few weeks it can get a bit tedious to go back and forth trying to figure it out.

I'll update this when I push this into development so you can track things better ;)
capGrundy

Re: One-Offs

Post by capGrundy »

I did find a work-around in Manage/Managed Failed, and checking there, but it's still adding a manual step. Yeah, right now it just seems like there are ways to check for success/failure, but just not consolidated. Also, once it falls off the upcoming list, it's hard to get back onto the list.

What would be a huge help is if it showed up on Wanted. That alone would probably fix that, especially if there controls or a click-thru to re-check, etc. For now, just seeing it somewhere after you click the one-off would be a huge help.