Setting up Mylar on Freenas

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
escrima

Setting up Mylar on Freenas

Post by escrima »

I am having trouble getting mylar to work. I have a 32p account and have imported a CV key. Is it possible to get mylar to work with 32p alone and without usenet? how should I set up storage betwwen the jail and the host system?
Running Development on Freenas.
escrima

Re: Setting up Mylar on Freenas

Post by escrima »

So, I fixed my permissions issues. now my problem is Mylar handing off the torrent to Transmission.

Getting the following:

2017-02-12 22:05:54 ERROR Unable to send torrent - check logs and settings (this would be marked as a BAD torrent if Failed Handling was enabled)
2017-02-12 22:05:54 ERROR Query failed with result "invalid or corrupt torrent file".
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

What do you have for your transmission settings within Mylar ?

Have you restarted Mylar since you saved the configuration if you changed it recently ?

What torrent provider are you snatching from the torrents from ?

Put Mylar into verbose mode (-v on startup or Toggle Verbose ON in the Logs tab) and try it again and then post the debug log (if it's applicable of course)
escrima

Post by escrima »

evilhero wrote:What do you have for your transmission settings within Mylar ?
Torrents

Use Torrents
Minimum # of seeders
Watchdir uTorrent rTorrent Transmission Deluge

Transmission Host 192.168.1.131:9091
Transmission Username (no username set in my config)
Transmission Password
Transmission Directory /media
evilhero wrote:Have you restarted Mylar since you saved the configuration if you changed it recently ?
yes, just did and retested.
evilhero wrote:What torrent provider are you snatching from the torrents from ?
32pages
evilhero wrote:Put Mylar into verbose mode (-v on startup or Toggle Verbose ON in the Logs tab) and try it again and then post the debug log (if it's applicable of course)
2017-02-13 19:46:02 DEBUG Could not find issue doing a manual search via : api
2017-02-13 19:46:02 INFO Could not find Issue 1 of Doctor Aphra (2016) using 32P [api]
2017-02-13 19:46:02 ERROR Unable to send torrent - check logs and settings (this would be marked as a BAD torrent if Failed Handling was enabled)
2017-02-13 19:46:02 ERROR Query failed with result "invalid or corrupt torrent file".
2017-02-13 19:46:02 DEBUG [32P] Saved torrent file to : /var/db/mylar/cache/Star_Wars_Doctor_Aphra_1_2017.torrent
2017-02-13 19:46:02 DEBUG [32P-AUTHENTICATION] 32P (Auth Mode) Authentication already done. Attempting to use existing keys.
2017-02-13 19:46:02 DEBUG [32P] Verify SSL set to : True
2017-02-13 19:46:02 DEBUG filename for torrent set to : /var/db/mylar/cache/Star_Wars_Doctor_Aphra_1_2017.torrent

Thanks for the response, hero.
escrima

Post by escrima »

OK, so I switched to Deluge and Mylar now hands off the torrent to Deluge and it downloads.

However, Mylar isn't finding the downloaded file and moving it to the destination folder.

Also, if I manually search for a series and add it, Mylar can create the series folder. However if I do a manual post processing run for a comic series already added but with a missing issue That was downloaded to the watch folder, I get the following:

2017-02-15 13:14:12 WARNING [POST-PROCESSING][DIRECTORY-CHECK] Could not create directory: /media/Spread (2014)[[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/Spread (2014)']. Aborting.
2017-02-15 13:14:12 INFO [POST-PROCESSING][DIRECTORY-CHECK] Creating comic directory (0777) : /media/Spread (2014)
2017-02-15 13:14:12 WARNING [POST-PROCESSING][DIRECTORY-CHECK] Could not find comic directory: /media/Spread (2014)
2017-02-15 13:14:12 INFO [POST-PROCESSING] [2/29] Starting Post-Processing for Spread issue: 1
2017-02-15 13:14:12 INFO [DUPECHECK] Duplicate check for /media/torrent/Spread 001 (2014) (digital) (Minutemen-InnerDemons).cbr
2017-02-15 13:14:12 INFO Series_Name: Spread --- WatchComic: Spread
2017-02-15 13:14:11 INFO [FILENAME]: Spread 001 (2014) (digital) (Minutemen-InnerDemons).cbr

Directory is already available because Mylar created it when I searched for the series. I copied issues I already had to the folder and mylar found and added them.

also, the correct path for directory creation should be /media/comics/[series]. I put /media/comics in COMIC LOCATION. Mylar apparently sees this when it makes a directory if I search for a series, but it's looking elsewhere when I try to post process.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Changing the value in Comic Location will only affect new additions going forward and/or when you refresh an existing series - it has no impact otherwise on your existing collection. The problem is that Mylar doesn't have access to the /media folder itself to create subdirectories in (it has permissions probably to /media/comics, but not /media itself). Also, Mylar doesn't create any directories when it searches (only on adding of series to your watchlist, and refresh)- it saves files to your cache directory for download purposes, but it doesn't create series directories if they don't exist at that particular stage.

Try this to confirm:
- Restart Mylar.
- Refresh one series that you have an issue in your manual post-processing folder that should be post-processed.
- Once the refresh has finished, and you can confirm that the directory location on the series page is correct (ie. /media/comics/series...) - try manual post-processing again.

As far as the transmission error, I'm pretty sure something is messed up with transmission - although usually when you encounter that error, it's due to the torrent being sent to the an incorrect transmission url (again, this was in the past when this was occuring - I can't say what was happening with your instance)
escrima

Post by escrima »

Awesome, totally works now. I had to change the series I added early in the configuration process to the correct file locations.

So after the file is snatched, does Mylar wait till the next folder check interval to move the file?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

escrima wrote:Awesome, totally works now. I had to change the series I added early in the configuration process to the correct file locations.

So after the file is snatched, does Mylar wait till the next folder check interval to move the file?
It all depends on where you have deluge putting the downloaded files. If you have it set to move them somewhere (ie. not seed), and that location is where you have the folder monitor setup within Mylar - then it will post-process them on the next folder monitor run.

If you don't have it being moved anywhere after it's downloaded, but you want to seed - you probably want to change the post-processing option to copy/hardlink/symlink depending on your system so that it can post-process things properly. However, if you're doing metatagging - you can't do a hardlink/symlink as that would change the file and would kill your seeding in the process.
escrima

Post by escrima »

Everything is working fine with Deluge, just a few mismatch problems. Transmission is alot lighter on my server tho.
escrima

Post by escrima »

SOLVED

Transmission host must be entered as http://IPaddress:port/transmission/rpc

Trial and error...