Any way how to download all new comics?

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
batoo

Any way how to download all new comics?

Post by batoo »

Hello, at first THANK YOU for this great tool.

I would like to ask you, is there any way how to download all comics from RSS from indexers providers?

I didn't find this option.

I am using sabnzbd, right now because I don't know where is this function at mylar, I am using sabnzbd downloading from predefined comic rss feed, BUT if I would like to do this from more sources (rss indexers) there are duplications which sabnzbd can't handle.

As I can see it the best option would be run some prescript from sabnzbd which will ask to mylar, "is this script included in the database/library? - if not download it, after download call post mylar processing script. If yes, don't download it."

Is something like this possible?

I can understand this mechanism in the weekly news issues, but I didn't find this option for RSS. (for downloading of all new comics, not only comics in my library)

Thank you very much!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Any way how to download all new comics?

Post by evilhero »

batoo wrote:Hello, at first THANK YOU for this great tool.

I would like to ask you, is there any way how to download all comics from RSS from indexers providers?

I didn't find this option.

I am using sabnzbd, right now because I don't know where is this function at mylar, I am using sabnzbd downloading from predefined comic rss feed, BUT if I would like to do this from more sources (rss indexers) there are duplications which sabnzbd can't handle.

As I can see it the best option would be run some prescript from sabnzbd which will ask to mylar, "is this script included in the database/library? - if not download it, after download call post mylar processing script. If yes, don't download it."

Is something like this possible?

I can understand this mechanism in the weekly news issues, but I didn't find this option for RSS. (for downloading of all new comics, not only comics in my library)

Thank you very much!
First, sorry about the delay in response - for some reason this wasn't getting flagged for me as a new post, so I never saw it...until now.

So, to the answer - no there is no way to download the entire RSS feed from a given provider. If something like that is what you're after, then you're best to use flexget or something similar which allows you to just grab the entire feed with some minimal exceptions.

The weekly pull-list within Mylar show exactly what's expected to come out for the given week so there's no need to set the rss to download everything from the RSS - since the rss would also have non-'new' issues that you probably don't want.

However, this has been brought up before, so there's some leeway here as to what I can do and how Mylar handles things. I might be able to include an option on the pull-list where it will mark everything as Wanted (so basically it would mark all issues on your watchlist as Wanted as it does now, and it would perform one-off downloads for every other issue that's not on your watchlist, but is coming out in the given week). Heck, there might even be a way to allow Mylar to grab the 0-day packs for a given week if the option is enabled, although that's a different beast entirely (pack downloading / snatching is abit more involved)...