Volume or issue numbering with prefix?

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Roadie

Volume or issue numbering with prefix?

Post by Roadie »

I tried setting my rename format to: $Publisher/$Series v$VolumeN ($Year)/$Series v$VolumeN #$Issue ($Year)

That has the obvious problem, though, that for a series without a volume, it results in "Seriesname v (XXXX)".

Is there a way have a prefix on the volume or issue number that only shows up if there actually is a volume or issue number?

Edit: Actually, it looks like at some point after saving and restarting, it deleted the $VolumeN from the folder name setting entirely, leaving just the "v"! Is there something I'm missing that means that the volume can't be used in the folder name?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Volume or issue numbering with prefix?

Post by evilhero »

Mylar should already be doing this, although I can't confirm if it's in the master branch or not (meaning it's in development for sure).

Both VolumeY and volumeN are allowed in both the Folder Format and filename structure.

It might depend on what you have for Folder Format vs what you have I'm File Format. You pasted the one line so I'm not sure where the format string are exactly.

If there is no numeric volume within mylar, then it will remove the string from the rename. The numbering is taken directly from the Edit settings tab/Version Number of the particular series (where it is in a format of v2, v2014 already so there's no need to prefix).

Have you tried the rename without prefixing with the 'v' in the formatting string (since it would already be there from the edit settings section) ?
Roadie

Re: Volume or issue numbering with prefix?

Post by Roadie »

evilhero wrote:Have you tried the rename without prefixing with the 'v' in the formatting string (since it would already be there from the edit settings section) ?
So I did a bit of experimenting with the fields in Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Rename options...

The file name format works fine, set to "$Series $VolumeN #$Issue ($Year)"... this results in a filename as expected ("Seriesname v1 #5 (2016)" style).

But, every time I've tried setting the folder format, no matter what else I put in it, the "$VolumeN" just vanishes from the field after a while, leaving all the text around it. I don't know what exactly triggers it, but it happens while Mylar is still running. However, before it vanishes, the $VolumeN works, but it doesn't work in the same way as the file name field.

For example, if I set the folder name to "$Series $VolumeN ($Year)", it results in "Seriesname 1 (2016)" (with no "v" in the name).

This is running off the latest pull from the development branch.