Moving issues to the correct series

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Destron

Moving issues to the correct series

Post by Destron »

Hello,

I'm trying to slowly import my ComicRack database into Mylar, and am running into a few separate issues. I'll make separate posts for each, I hope that's not frowned upon.

A-Force had a 2015 series and a 2016 series. If I look at the 2016 series, issue 1 is correct, but issues 2, 3 and 4 belong to the 2015 series. Is there a way within Mylar to move them to the correct series? Manually tagging doesn't seem to do anything besides re-import the existing tag information. I don't know if I can remove current tag information, or manually rescan, etc.

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Moving issues to the correct series

Post by evilhero »

If you can get them to scan in to the proper series, then then doing a subsequent metatagging on the issues would insert the correct metadata. If a file for a given series isn't In a Downloaded status mylar won't touch it for manual metatagging just to ensure things are right.

The problem is probably how the naming scheme is of the files that you're trying to process. Volume labels and/or issue year help mylar immensely (ie. A-force 001.cbr vs A-force v2 001 (2016).cbr)

Are you doing an import or are you running a manual post-processing? The difference being an import is used to import series into your watchlist that dont currently exist, and in doing so the relevant files pertaining to the import. Manual post-processing is to post-process files for series that already exist on your watchlist. If there are files for series that aren't on your watch list, mylar will ignore them during post-processing.

Also the branch you're currently running of mylar will play a significant impact at this time - mainly because the development branch has a completely redone file checking method which in turn nows ties into the post-processing /importer and other items which means more consistency across the board (plus the file checking is improved to handle naming differences a lot better than previously).
Destron

Post by Destron »

I'm running the main fork. I need to switch over to the development release, though.

I think the A-Force screw up happened when they were originally imported into comicrack, to be honest. I've been importing things all night without any hiccups. I'm probably doing THAT the hard way, too, though.
Destron

Post by Destron »

Oh, I guess I AM running the development branch. Didn't realize it defaulted to that with a new install.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

How are the 3 files named that are in the wrong series directory?

The easiest way is to just move them out of the wrong directory and into the correct one. Then, Mark the issues as Skipped in the series that they were incorrect on, and then do a Recheck Files on the series that now has the moved files.

Other than that, if you can post the debug log for the import I can try and help more (it might be easier to import just the a-force issues just to keep things easier to follow in the logs)
Destron

Post by Destron »

That's what I ended up doing, and it went fine, so I moved on to others, and haven't had any issues. :)