help setting up mylar ?

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: help setting up mylar ?

Post by evilhero »

2016-04-18 21:08:50 WARNING [META-TAGGER] You have metatagging enabled, but you have not selected the type(s) of metadata to write. Please fix and re-run manually
You need to pick a type of metadata that you want tag the files as (comicrack, comicbooklover, or both). Once you set the type, save the settings and restart mylar.

The Verify SSL probably isn't the problem as it's downloading the files fine according to the logs, but failing on the post-processing due to the above error.
cojoMan

Post by cojoMan »

evilhero wrote:....
OZnzb search results are working fine - now whether or not the issue actually downloads from the provider, I can't test. But it definitley finds it, and sends it successfully to SABnzbd with no issues.

You have to remember that block accounts won't help if the file doesn't exist 100% on the newsgroups. The block accounts might help you get various pieces from here & there that you might be unable to grab given only one provider, but it very well might be that the issues have been removed from the newsgroups (they might stay in some form, just not enough to have a complete file).

Will definitely need to see the logs, so that we can verify if the nzb's are being downloaded fine and sent to SAB ok, or you are just not able to download from SAB once the files are already present.
Same errors even after the SSL check enabled...
Meanwhile I disabled metatagging and postprocessing in the Quality and Post processing tab, as those were some of the errors.

Do I need to have my server use a SSL connection by any chance ? I think I've set it to default, non SSL....
still looking through the log, but I cannot make heads or tails of it yet...
Mylar Version: development -- git build 09f6e32d603a818f3cba9d4f6161049457602eb0
Windows 10 x64, SabNZBd
cojoMan

Post by cojoMan »

we both wrote at the same time, so please disregard my latest post...
after enabling metatagging back ON, and setting both options of the type of tag, restart, manual search, AALLL is well !! and I couldn't be happier.

is there a comprehensive help/faq around here that I could have read before embarrassing myself, and taking advantage of your time like this ?

thanks for all the help, man, looking forward to some serious reading right now :)
and kudos on a this great great app
have a lovely evening !

PS. it seems to work with metataging and postprocessing disabled as well as I can see, but I assume with them enabled, the results would have increased accuracy, at least in some sort of integrity check ?...
Mylar Version: development -- git build 09f6e32d603a818f3cba9d4f6161049457602eb0
Windows 10 x64, SabNZBd
cojoMan

Post by cojoMan »

any idea on this error ?

Code: Select all

19-Apr-2016 20:32:24 - ERROR :: LibraryScan : [IMPORT] Unable to complete the scan: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Users\\cojoMan\\Dropbox\\Apps\\Mylar\\cache\\temp.zip'
happens when I try to import my local comics...
Windows 10 x64, SabNZBd
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

cojoMan wrote: PS. it seems to work with metataging and postprocessing disabled as well as I can see, but I assume with them enabled, the results would have increased accuracy, at least in some sort of integrity check ?...
Yep, if you have metatagging enabled - when Mylar attempts to post-process issues it has to unzip them in order to 're-tag' them in the case of cbr's. So if it fails during the extraction process, then it knows for sure that it's a bad file, marks it as Failed (if you have it enabled), and depending on how you're running the post-processing will attempt to download a different file for that particular issue.
cojoMan wrote:any idea on this error ?

Code: Select all

19-Apr-2016 20:32:24 - ERROR :: LibraryScan : [IMPORT] Unable to complete the scan: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Users\\cojoMan\\Dropbox\\Apps\\Mylar\\cache\\temp.zip'
happens when I try to import my local comics...
The user running Mylar doesn't have permission to the cache folder and it's contents for some reason - the other being, don't import your mylar cache directory. Set your directory to the root of your comics that you want to import, and make sure you're not importing the comics from the same location that you want Mylar to move them to (meaning don't set the directory in Import to c:\comics and then have your Comic Location set to c:\comics).
cojoMan

Post by cojoMan »

The user running Mylar doesn't have permission to the cache folder and it's contents for some reason -
I am sure I have permissions - on Windows here - made sure the folder and its permissions were not read only. The only thing I did that is different than the default installation is putting it onto my Dropbox folder for quickaccess across devices - could that lock it up with read-only on account of sync ?...
...the other being, don't import your mylar cache directory. Set your directory to the root of your comics that you want to import, and make sure you're not importing the comics from the same location that you want Mylar to move them to (meaning don't set the directory in Import to c:\comics and then have your Comic Location set to c:\comics).
I wasn't importing it, I was importing smth like c:\dropbox\comics... and that error popped up, and no comics came through...
I've put the folder back to C root, set it up in config.ini so it was there, restarted mylar. Haven't checked it again, but I think the error went away ? Again..maybe dropbox read-only stuff ?...

Meanwhile, took your suggestion and separated my fodder comic folder, and my mylar output location, and scanned the first one. Got hits, imported the scan result, and I could then import those into mylar. It took a while, and "100 bullets" was stuck on issue no#5 for the whole night, so in the morning I restarted mylar, and found the manual scan/processing tab, and that did the finding, renaming, moving part...but I am a bit confused - it did not process all the comics in the folder, only the one on my watchlist, is that supposed to work like this ?...So what would the process be ? Scan and process folder should do all the work ? Or scan/import results/then go the manual tab and take it from there ?...

thanks
Windows 10 x64, SabNZBd
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

cojoMan wrote:
The user running Mylar doesn't have permission to the cache folder and it's contents for some reason -
I am sure I have permissions - on Windows here - made sure the folder and its permissions were not read only. The only thing I did that is different than the default installation is putting it onto my Dropbox folder for quickaccess across devices - could that lock it up with read-only on account of sync ?...
...the other being, don't import your mylar cache directory. Set your directory to the root of your comics that you want to import, and make sure you're not importing the comics from the same location that you want Mylar to move them to (meaning don't set the directory in Import to c:\comics and then have your Comic Location set to c:\comics).
I wasn't importing it, I was importing smth like c:\dropbox\comics... and that error popped up, and no comics came through...
I've put the folder back to C root, set it up in config.ini so it was there, restarted mylar. Haven't checked it again, but I think the error went away ? Again..maybe dropbox read-only stuff ?...

Meanwhile, took your suggestion and separated my fodder comic folder, and my mylar output location, and scanned the first one. Got hits, imported the scan result, and I could then import those into mylar. It took a while, and "100 bullets" was stuck on issue no#5 for the whole night, so in the morning I restarted mylar, and found the manual scan/processing tab, and that did the finding, renaming, moving part...but I am a bit confused - it did not process all the comics in the folder, only the one on my watchlist, is that supposed to work like this ?...So what would the process be ? Scan and process folder should do all the work ? Or scan/import results/then go the manual tab and take it from there ?...

thanks
Yeah it's very possible the dropbox might have some kind of lock on things, or some weird permissions (although the permissions thing is probably a long shot). But if you moved it out of that directory and into another and it's working, then one can only assume something was wrong somewhere...

Well, If you're not on the development build of Mylar you probably should be - especially if you're at the importing your comics stage. The reason being a few weeks ago I pushed out a huge backend change to the way Mylar does the importing/filechecking/post-processing and basically linked them all together so there's basically one module that's the framework for it all now, which should mean more consistent results when matching things up.

The general workflow should be that you would use the Scan/Process to scan in series that do not exist in your watchlist, Manual Post-Processing for those issues that the series does exist in your watchlist.

If you have a few issues of a series/complete series, and you want it to be in Mylar - you would run the Scan/Process, where it will then move/rename the files that it can parse/match properly into your Watchlist (note no meta-tagging is done when importing, it just imports the given issues - although if a file is already metatagged, it will attempt to use that metatagging to help identify the series/issue).

The Manual Post-Processing tab is to be used for issues that you primarily download outside of Mylar, or via torrents. It will only post-process issues in which the relevant series already exists on your watchlist. If it doesn't exist, Mylar will ignore said files - and you should run the Scan/Process against these. The Manual Post-Processing will metatag/rename during the move process, as per a typical post-processing run.
cojoMan

Post by cojoMan »

Hey hero,

Yeah, I'll be skipping the dropbox thing for now. After I finish setting up, I could look more into getting it portable across my systems...

At this time I am focusing on having a coherent, centralized comic book structure...
And since I can only assume that my issues come from what the corect naming should be, my late process is this :
- search through comicvine
- add it to mylar through the tampermonkey extension
- add the comic files to the newly created, empty folder
- renaming them according to that folder (namedir 1.cbz, namedir 2.cbz, etc)
- then recheck files, and if found, rename.

all while keeping my nzb client offline, so I finish building my database.

Started this while trying to split up an Astro City dump folder that had specials, prequels and such, renamed pretty descriptive according to some story arc, but spread across multiple publishers and such. Seems to work wonders so far.

Also, how can I be sure I am on the development build / how do I upgrade to that one ?

thanks.
Windows 10 x64, SabNZBd
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Heh, it sounds like you've got a pretty good workflow that works for you, so that's good ;)

I would think after you do the add via tampermonkey, you could just do a manual post-processing on the directory containing the files and it should post-process/move them into the new directory - provided of course they're named in a format that Mylar can parse properly (ie. Series Issue (Year) usually works well), but with multiple volumes you'd have to ensure they all have the correct volume labelling - so I can see yourself not doing it this way, just so you don't have to go back and do an extra step.

As far as the development branch, it all depends on how you installed Mylar. You can normally find your branch/commit at the very bottom of every page within Mylar.
cojoMan

Post by cojoMan »

Well, I cannot postprocess the folder after adding the comic via TM - I am using TM, so I could find the name the comic should have in order to be processed correctly :p That's why the convoluted process - but hey, as you said, it works.

As far as my install - I did it on a windows machine (the current working one), by pulling it via github...looking back on the command I used, I think it was git clone https://github.com/evilhero/mylar -b development c:\Mylar so I guess that answers that question :)
Now, for updating, I know there should be a command I could run, but I periodically get a browser notification in Mylar, like you are 2 commits behind, update now, and I always do, and then restart - so I guess I should be fine...
Windows 10 x64, SabNZBd