Custom numbering formats for api search?

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Andrzej

Custom numbering formats for api search?

Post by Andrzej »

This may have been answered elsewhere, but I did a quick search and came up blank.

Is there anyway to get Mylar to call an nzb search api for custom issue number formats? There are a few series that Mylar can't seem to find as the issues are numbered strangely on the search provider, e.g. 001, (001), or even worse (001)NAMEOFUPLOADER.
Is there a way to correct for this that I've missed? If not, any chance of adding this feature in a future commit?

Cheers
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Custom numbering formats for api search?

Post by evilhero »

Andrzej wrote:This may have been answered elsewhere, but I did a quick search and came up blank.

Is there anyway to get Mylar to call an nzb search api for custom issue number formats? There are a few series that Mylar can't seem to find as the issues are numbered strangely on the search provider, e.g. 001, (001), or even worse (001)NAMEOFUPLOADER.
Is there a way to correct for this that I've missed? If not, any chance of adding this feature in a future commit?

Cheers
Currently there isn't a way to specify specific numbering for given issues - Mylar goes through a typical sequence of searches depending on how much padding there 'might' be on a given issue number. For example, if it's issue #1, it would search for 1, 01, 001 - if it's issue #75, it would search for 75, 075. Typically Mylar will ignore any numbering within brackets as under normal circumstances the items within the brackets wouldn't contain the issue number.

Do you have some examples of these items that can't be downloaded via Mylar ?
Andrzej

Post by Andrzej »

For example:

Doctor Who The Eleventh Doctor Year Two 006(2016)(3 covers)(Digital)(TLK-EMPIRE-HD)

I think there were other examples, but they don't spring to mind right now. Looking at that string, I imagine writing a regex to work around it would be nigh on impossible, right?
Andrzej

Post by Andrzej »

Having checked, all the problems I was having were from the same provider, with the same format. Bit of a pain, but what can you do...
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Can I ask what provider it is that you're using?

Mylar should be able to parse that name properly in order to get the information - everything is separated in a normal sequence of items (series, issue, year), so unless your nzb provider is rejigging how the file appears as the nzbname itself, mylar should be able to download things (I know for example, that dog replaces all spaces and brackets with periods and uses that as the nzbname - which in some cases can mess Mylar up since it polls against the nzbname).
Andrzej

Post by Andrzej »

Sure, I'm using Nzbgeek.