metadata tagging on windows

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
ludwig

metadata tagging on windows

Post by ludwig »

I just had to move my mylar install from linux over to windows 10. I've got it working but I discovered that my metadata tagging seemed to break about a month back.

I'm using what I believe is the latest dev git build: -- git build 1e0b319d2bb2c7e5bcf14d795e2ef5f70d6f8621.
I'm on windows 10

Should tagging work out of the box now? or do I still need to install configparser (or is this just linux)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: metadata tagging on windows

Post by evilhero »

Yep, if you're on the latest development commit it should work without the need to install configparser or indicate a directory for comictagger (the option is no longer available in the gui/config.ini).

If you had comictagger linked into the comictaggerlib directory (usually on nix systems), then you need to ensure you're using the comictagger that comes with mylar now as opposed to a local install.

An easy test to see if comictagger is working:

open up a command prompt (when you're in the root of the mylar directory) and type in 'python comictagger.py --version'.

If you're running the version with mylar you'll get back probably a 1.20+ version of the ninjas.walk.alone fork. If you don't get that response, or an error, then you're not using the right comictagger.
ludwig

Post by ludwig »

comictagger shows as version 1.20 something when I do that.

But when I have comics post-processed, its only copying them, as cbr's , it doesn't do the tagging or conversion to cbz.

17-Mar-2016 08:11:59 - DEBUG :: FOLDERMONITOR : [META-TAGGER] dirName:d:\processing\watch\mylar
17-Mar-2016 08:11:59 - DEBUG :: FOLDERMONITOR : ComicTagger Path location for internal comictagger.py set to : C:\mylar\comictagger.py
17-Mar-2016 08:11:59 - DEBUG :: FOLDERMONITOR : [META-TAGGER] Unable to locate UnRAR.exe - make sure it is installed.

Shouldn't mylar be using the pthon unrar located in the comictaggerlib directory? From this, its just trying to use unrar itself.

I got a copy of unrar.exe and placed it in the system32 directory (still not found). and then in the mylar, comictaggerlib, and then unrar2 directories and still get the unable to locate unrar.exe error.

I also tried to use the unrar_cmd option in config.ini but each time I restart mylar, that change reverts to 'none' (this eventually took when I changed it to c:\windows\system32. But even then, if I tried to change it, it would revert to this path)

I finally got it to work but I'm not sure what I did to fix it.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Actually that should have been completely removed as a check in the last few development commits.

With Mylar now using the ComicTagger that comes with it, and with all the code changes - I removed alot of things that Mylar was doing outside of ComicTagger (namely conversion from cbr - cbz), and put it all into the ComicTagger fork to be used since it's already there anyways.

Right now, Mylar checks to see if the unrar is in a certain folder and if not it will fail - even though it doesn't actually use it anymore (ComicTagger does, but not Mylar itself).

I'll remove those UnRar checks in the next development commit.