Newznab UID

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
blindguy

Newznab UID

Post by blindguy »

What do I set this setting to? Do I use the #7030 for the group number? If so, why it is called UID and not group number?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Newznab UID

Post by evilhero »

blindguy wrote:What do I set this setting to? Do I use the #7030 for the group number? If so, why it is called UID and not group number?
It's the UID (UserID) of the user on the given provider. There are some nzb providers that don't use the UID, but newnzab normally requires the UID when pulling down the rss fields - so that's why it's in there. If you don't have the UID entered correctly, then it probably won't pull down the rss feeds for the given provider (it has no bearing on the api).

Under normal newznab conventions, if you look at a typical rss feed for the nzb provider you'll see the '&i=XXXXXX' within the url. the XXXXXX is the UID that you would enter within Mylar.

If for some reason you need to change the default category from 7030 (the default for comics on newznab-based servers), then you would follow any given UID entered with a '#' followed by the category number (ie. 738101#8030). If you don't need to change the category, there's no need to enter in anything other than the UID itself.