Weekly Pull Question

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
jedimole

Weekly Pull Question

Post by jedimole »

Maybe I am just not seeing it, but if I add a continuing title, does it auto pull the new title the next month when it comes out again? I searched on pull list but didn't see an explanation on it or the best way to keep getting a monthly. If there is an FAQ about it, I'll read it too!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Weekly Pull Question

Post by evilhero »

jedimole wrote:Maybe I am just not seeing it, but if I add a continuing title, does it auto pull the new title the next month when it comes out again? I searched on pull list but didn't see an explanation on it or the best way to keep getting a monthly. If there is an FAQ about it, I'll read it too!
Yep, it will pull the new title automatically provided the series is in a Continuing status (or you've forced the Continuing status via the options for the series). Every Monday, a new pull-list will get populated and any series that have 'new' issues coming out for the given week will have their respective series refreshed against the data that is available on ComicVine. ComicVine doesn't usually populate their new weekly issues into their db until late Monday-Tuesday, so don't expect it to show up in the series detail page for the respective series until then. But generally the workflow for Mylar is:
- new pull-list comes out
- checks pull-list against existing watchlist for any matching series
- marks issues as Wanted on the pull-list page
- indicates said issues as being in the Wanted/Upcoming tab and giving them a status of 'Wanted'
- refreshes the series that have new issues coming out every 6hrs (or on every restart of Mylar).
- Once the issue data is available on CV, will mark given issues as Wanted in the series detail page (and it will also show in the 'Wanted' tab as well to indicate it).
- Once the issue is in Wanted status, Mylar will perform it's normal search routine to find the issues (rss every 20 minutes if enabled, otherwise every 6 hours)
- When Thursday hits, the 'Upcoming' tab clears out since the issues are all populated into CV

Hope that helps! :D
jedimole

Post by jedimole »

It does and I did find that blurb in the settings too.

Very cool software\code, nice work. I see I can only donate via bitcoins though? Want to reward for creative work being done here.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Well thanks for the kind words about the app and hopefully the app works as intended (letting you spend more time reading than searching/organizing).

If you'd like to support the development, any donation is obviously greatly appreciated (plus it helps with the coffee intake). Donations are currently accepted through the app itself via bitcoin, paypal or flattr (although I might stop this one).

Thanks for the support!