sabnzb not post processing

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
HoLLyWo0d96

sabnzb not post processing

Post by HoLLyWo0d96 »

I followed the directions about moving the files into the script folder, but when sab tries to post process i get this error "'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file." i then have to manually move the files from my completed downloads folder to the respective folder under comics. how can i fix this?
Offspring

Re: sabnzb not post processing

Post by Offspring »

Which OS are you using? It sounds like you don't have python added to the PATH in your environment variables. Depending on what OS you're using, there's different steps for each.
HoLLyWo0d96

Post by HoLLyWo0d96 »

Offspring wrote:Which OS are you using? It sounds like you don't have python added to the PATH in your environment variables. Depending on what OS you're using, there's different steps for each.

windows 7
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

HoLLyWo0d96 wrote:
Offspring wrote:Which OS are you using? It sounds like you don't have python added to the PATH in your environment variables. Depending on what OS you're using, there's different steps for each.

windows 7
This. Offspring nailed it on the head (again)...the problem lies with SABnzbd not being able to execute the script as it can't locate the python executable within your environment path in windows.

There were 2 reddit posts that had some instructions - I'll see if I can post them in here (not sure which one applies, or if both might):
From a DOS command prompt, type :
path
You'll probably notice that python doesn't appear in the list. So to add it, from the DOS command prompt still, issue a :
SET PATH=%PATH%; c:\Python2.7
(just replace the c:\Python2.7 with whatever your path to python is) You'll have to restart Windows for the new path to take effect.
@trustmeep wrote:
Additionally, in order to permanently set the Python path in Windows I had to:
Right-click 'My Computer'
Select 'Properties'
Select 'Advanced systems settings'
Select 'Environment variables'
Under the 'System variables' window, select 'Path'
Click 'Edit'
Caution: Do not delete any text in these windows!
In the 'Variable value' window, click on the far right of all the text, and type:
;c:\Python27\;
(Note: there are no spaces between anything, and the path should reflect your location of Python)
Click 'OK' only once
Under 'System variables', now select 'PATHEXT'
Select 'Edit'
Again, Caution: Do not delete any text in these windows!
In the 'Variable value' window, click on the far right of all the text, and type:
;.PY;
Select 'OK' until all the windows close.
Microsoft suggests restarting Windows.
To test the newly associated Python path, open a command prompt.
Type:
path
If python is listed at the end of the text, you are mostly done.
Now type:
python --version
If Python returns your version information with no errors, it is patched appropriately and your Mylar scripts should work.
Warborg

Post by Warborg »

I am having this same problem, and Pyton is definitely in my environment path (added when installing Python). Tested using Python --version from a couple locations and it is returning the expected response. Any other tips or troubleshooting I can do?

EDIT: Running on Windows Home Server 2011, SABNZBD has been running along with SONARR/SICKBEARD for years... Just installed Python and other prerequisites for both Comicstreamer and Mylar today, Comicstreamer seems to be working just fine so far.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Warborg wrote:I am having this same problem, and Pyton is definitely in my environment path (added when installing Python). Tested using Python --version from a couple locations and it is returning the expected response. Any other tips or troubleshooting I can do?
If you're getting the 'python is not recognized' error within SAB then that's not a problem with Mylar - but with the environment. If it's some other type of error, then I'd need to see the error in order to help figure out - if it's an error that's Mylar-related, it will be in the mylar log files.

That being said, if you paste in your mylar.log (showing debugging - you can turn on debugging with the -v option on startup, or enable Verbose ON in the Logs tab within Mylar).
Warborg

Post by Warborg »

Was getting the same post-processing error that the OP posted... SO I went and turned on verbose logging as you asked and deleted the snatched files and started over, it's now working... Go fig. Oh well, as long as it's working... :)

As an unrelated question, I use SONARR for TV/Anime and have an Import folder that I can drop manually downloaded files into so that it can do the processing for me. Is that possible with Mylar?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Warborg wrote:Was getting the same post-processing error that the OP posted... SO I went and turned on verbose logging as you asked and deleted the snatched files and started over, it's now working... Go fig. Oh well, as long as it's working... :)

As an unrelated question, I use SONARR for TV/Anime and have an Import folder that I can drop manually downloaded files into so that it can do the processing for me. Is that possible with Mylar?
Yep, in the configuration / Quality & Post-Processing tab / Enable Post-Processing / Enable Folder Monitoring. Specify a Location folder to monitor, and then how often to check the folder for new comics. Save the configuration and restart Mylar and that's all there is to it.
Warborg

Post by Warborg »

Nice, I'll try it out... Thanks!