Simple question: Weekly pull, status quicklinks.

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
shadowcharly

Simple question: Weekly pull, status quicklinks.

Post by shadowcharly »

Hi,

I've tried searching for this info but found nothing, so maybe this post can serve as an answer for anyone else that has the same doubts as me.

In the weekly pull page, in the status column for the different series, what's de difference between each link in there?

Skipped -> Current status, this one's easy
Watch -> Add it to the wanted list?
add series -> Permanently add this series to my database
one off -> Add this issue to my database but leave the rest?

It's not urgent, but if anyone knows this info and the correct answer, thanks in advance ;)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Simple question: Weekly pull, status quicklinks.

Post by evilhero »

So you're correct in 2/4 items ( Status and Add Series ).

Watch is intended for series that don't have any issue data on comicvine. This is always the case when it's a new series and the numbering starts at #0/#1. Marking it as Watch will force mylar to check comicvine for any new information about said comic whenever the weekly pulllist gets refreshed/recreated or on startup. If the information is available then mylar will proceed to auto add the series to your watchlist, mark the given issue as Wanted and then remove it from the auto-want list so it doesn't keep in searching. You can see the auto want list by going into the Wanted tab and at the bottom of the page there's another set of tabs located under the Upcoming section. The 2nd tab (upcoming no data) is where you will see all the issues that are on auto want status and you can do a Force Check Availability to force mylar to just check against comicvine for any new information.

One-off is for issues that aren't in your watchlist and it literally does a one time search/post process (if it's gound) for the given issue. If it does a post-process on the issue it will either dump it into your one off directory (labeled as a grab_bag in thr config.ini), or of its part of a story ex that you're watching it will move it into the given story arc directory. If it doesn't find it, the status remains in a Skipped state and it doesn't get searched for again.

Hopefully that helps explain things a little bit!