multiple 00 issues

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
ludwig

multiple 00 issues

Post by ludwig »

I have a comic that has 0 and 00 issue. They are listed this way under the comic's title but I can't figure out how to get mylar to match 0 to 0 and 00 to 00.

specifically, this is the 1994 run of Ninjak.

Are there any other comics where you have this? Anyone have thoughts on how to add them properly?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: multiple 00 issues

Post by evilhero »

ludwig wrote:I have a comic that has 0 and 00 issue. They are listed this way under the comic's title but I can't figure out how to get mylar to match 0 to 0 and 00 to 00.

specifically, this is the 1994 run of Ninjak.

Are there any other comics where you have this? Anyone have thoughts on how to add them properly?
Ugh. Comics eh?

There's no 'proper' way for Mylar to match that up correctly - because it takes a numerical value of the issue (if it's an alphanumeric - then it converts it to a numeric but assigns specific values for alphas). So by Mylar's estimation, '0' and '00' are considered the same.

In cases where there are duplicate issue numbering, specifying the issue year is enough to help Mylar determine which issue is which issue (Batwoman being one series had 2 #0's but were published in different years). The problem with Ninjak-1994 is that the '0' and '00' both have the exact same issue date as well :(

There is a way to match them up - albeit it's not an ideal method. You can edit the Publication Date field listed on the series detail page and change it to a date other than 1995. In this case, I would try and change the date to something like 1994-01-01.

You can do this by just clicking on the respective date you'd like to change and it will turn into a text box - make sure you enter it in the format of yyyy-mm-dd). Then make sure you change the filename of Ninjak 0 to have the issue year within ( ie. Ninjak 0 (1994) and the other one would be Ninjak 00 (1995) ).

Once the date has been changed and the filename(s) changed to help distinguish things, do a ReCheck Files and it 'should' match them up properly to the corresponding issue.

The Edited Date will only revert back to the CV posted date if you were to delete the series and re-add it, otherwise it will retain the edited date for the given issue (unless you edit it again obviously).
ludwig

Post by ludwig »

thanks for the reply and the workaround.
ludwig

Post by ludwig »

I seem to have inadvertently found some sort of other workaround. When #0 is a cbr and #00 is a cbz, it allowed the two 00s to coexist.