Fixing titles "This Week"

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
cgauss

Fixing titles "This Week"

Post by cgauss »

Is there any way to fix titles when I go into "This Week" that show nothing in the search?

For example:

Star Wars Lando

but if I do a standard search for Lando it shows up as Lando (not Star Wars Lando)

I know several title have this issue. Seems to have issues with GFT titles too.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Fixing titles "This Week"

Post by evilhero »

It's because Mylar uses two different data sets and they use different naming schemes for their own use. The pullist tends to use abbreviations whereas comicvine uses the full names.

To get around this, you can make use of the substitutes.csv file and add in the entry to point to the correct spelling of the title which will then force mylar to substitute the correct spelling whenever that item is in the pull-list.

There are a few threads on here in regards to this if you can't figure out the substitutes.csv file on your own (aside from asking me I mean). Just search for 'substitutes' in the search here in the forums and you lll find instructions on it.

I would use the substitutes.csv file instead of using the alternate search name option as then it won't try to search for 'GFT' as opposed to the proper title (as an example).