Shift Click for multiple consecutive selections

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
leaderdog

Shift Click for multiple consecutive selections

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but it would be super incredibly handy to have shift click when selecting multiple titles. Today I had to remove the "snatched" files from the Wanted page and re-add them as wanted. So as I would for other applications, I clicked the check box for the top snatched, and went to the bottom held shift and clicked the last check box to only have two items with check marks rather than all of the ones I wanted selected. (see nzbindex for example - although, I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about) ;)

What I ended up doing(Because I don't know if there is a smarter way) Was highlighted them all and looked in the top drop box to change everything to wanted. That option wasn't there. So I scrolled up and down a little bit only to see everything disappear. Some what shocked as to what happened, I investigated and realized I accidentally turned them all to archived. oops. So I had to go in to each comic series and change all the archived to wanted (was rather tedious).

Would be handy.

evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Shift Click for multiple consecutive selections

Post by evilhero »

Have you tried the Manage tab / Manage Issues button (upper right hand corner) ?

From there you can simply select the Status you want to search for and change them en-mass to whatever you want.

For Example:
In the dropdown labelled as 'Manage Issues with Status', selecting 'Snatched' and then clicking on the Manage button will show all the Snatched items that exist in your db/watchlist. Then set the 'results per page' to All (so you can see them all on one page as the 'check all' box only works on a per page basis). Then click on the empty checkbox in the column headings bar (where it says Series, Issue, Pub Date, etc). Once they're all selected, just change the Status dropdown to 'Wanted'. Et viola - All 'Snatched' changed to 'Wanted'. (you could also do it from 'Archived' to 'Wanted', or whatever)

I'm not exactly sure if that's what you meant, if not then you might have to go into abit greater of detail I'm afraid.

As an aside, if you're on the Wanted tab, you have to first select the issues and then change the status via the dropdown. Doing it the otherway around would cause some problems.
leaderdog

Re: Shift Click for multiple consecutive selections

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

Aw neat, ok that does help a bit. But still if I just want to change say 20 of the files. I have to click 20 check boxes. It would be simpler (for the user anyways ;)) to just click the 1st title then hold shift and click the 20th title to select all 20. When large numbers are involved it's a bit tedious.

Try going to nzbindex.com do a search for comics (or whatever) and then click the first box, hold shift, and click another box further down the page, it automatically checks all the boxes for you.

I have 616 files sitting as archived and all/most of those files are downloaded in the correct folders. Checking through them, most have the correct "alternate name" and "alternate search name" the way I want them to be, but they still sit as archived. Usually it's the ones with a "-" in the title.

Thanks for your help :)