Search providers

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
m3ga

Search providers

Post by m3ga »

Is it possible to add some more search providers like piratebay, demonoid or h33t?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Search providers

Post by evilhero »

m3ga wrote:Is it possible to add some more search providers like piratebay, demonoid or h33t?
The only problem with those trackers are that they generally don't have any individual releases - from what I've seen (and checked again last night), they have ALOT of packs of comics (like 0-day, or a complete series, etc), but not the individual issues.

Mylar can only grab individual issues, so adding theses trackers isn't really worth it atm (unless I'm missing all of the individual postings) - being able to figure out if a given required issue is in a pack, grabbing it, and then extracting it ideally so that post-processing can be run on it are all on the to-do, but it's not a few lines of code to get that all working.

Since I don't use any of those 3 trackers, I have to familiarize myself with how they return results etc (h33t & demonoid I noticed return rss results which is a good thing, piratebay I haven't checked yet - but I know they use magnet links which is a completely different story)...
hez

Post by hez »

---- dup ---
Last edited by hez on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hez

Post by hez »

----- dup ----
Last edited by hez on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hez

Post by hez »

It would be nice to use different nzb.su compatible servers. I can't seem to get an invite there and use a different one which sonarr recognizes as nzb.su compatible.

Cheers
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

hez wrote:It would be nice to use different nzb.su compatible servers. I can't seem to get an invite there and use a different one which sonarr recognizes as nzb.su compatible.

Cheers
Most every other nzb provider either uses newznab or nzedb as a basis. For any such server, use the provided newznab section to enter in your details. Nzb.su and dognzb use their own modified code, so they need their own entries.