Renaming/seeing issues with numbers apart of their title

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
leaderdog

Re: Renaming/seeing issues with numbers apart of their title

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

I've discovered something that may be of interest.

Titles that have a version number in them get switched to archived. I've tried this with several titles that are sitting in my archive list (manage issues -> archived)

I've tried this with these 3 titles that are sitting as archived.
1) X-O Manowar v3 - 001.cbr
All-New X-Men v1 - 001.cbr and
Spider-Woman v1 - 001.cbr
2) the "alternate search" and "Alternate File-Naming" is set as the name of the files listed above, Mylar renamed it to have the version number.
3) I hit recheck several times but it just sat as archived.
4) Just out of curiosity, because I had issues with numbers in the title, I decided to remove the version number manually in the folder to see what happens.
5) went back to Mylar and hit "Recheck files" and boom there the file shows up as downloaded.
6) I went and tested it with the other comics and each time, once the version number is removed from the title, it showed up as downloaded.

If you could test this to verify I'd appreciate it. I guess it is still having some issues with numbers in the title. I thought I'd just go through and remove the version files just to remove them from the "archive" state, but thought it might be necessary to have the version numbers for comics like X-Men or fantastic four seeing as Marvel loves to make new issue number ones all the time.

Info:
Mylar Version: development
-- git build c7dbd06bde454bd82c1d14b85503564b69b60304.
Python Version : 2.7.8

Windows 7 x64

evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

This could be due to the naming convention again (the '-' to seperate the issue numbering), although I swear I had tested that when I was doing the other fixes for it.

I'll check into this today hopefully and let you know what I find (sorry for the delayed response, long weekend here and it's been crazy with the kids home and doing family-related stuff)
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

All good, long weekend here too (Canada).

I agree it has something to do with the "-" Titles with it are the one's being archived. The titles with version number in them that didn't have the "-" were being found just fine.
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

Just a quick update. I upgraded to Python version 2.7.9 and that fixed the issues with the volume numbers being put into archive state or not seen at all.

oddly though, for G.I. Joe - Master & Apprentice 2 - 001.cbr

It stays archived no matter what I do with it. I did one of the following then changed the alternate search naming and alternate file naming, then hit recheck and it remained unseen and archived.
1) I removed the '&' and renamed it to 'and' wouldn't see it
2) Left above removed the '.' in G.I. Joe. not seen
3) left above removed the '2'. Still not seen.
4) removed the '-' and no luck.
5) tried adding a v2 so it reads 'G.I. Joe - Master & Apprentice v2 - 001.cbr' But this too wasn't seen by Mylar.
6) removed the '&' with number 5's v2 but still didn't get seen.
7) added (2005) to the file name to help

I'm at a loss on this one.

G.I. Joe - Master & Apprentice - 001.cbr
This series is seen without any trouble but the second series is just a ghost ;)

Ah ok I looked in the logs, and found out it kept looking for the year.

So I added '(2005)' to the file name so 'G.I. Joe - Master & Apprentice 2 - 001 (2005).cbr'
1) Mylar found it and marked it as Downloaded.
2) I hit rename file for the way I like my files names, so it removed the 2005 date and went back to archived.

Any way that information can be written to that specific title in Mylar so it doesn't forget what it is?

Not sure why it would require a date, the '2' is part of the title name, it's distinctively different from the first series.

Thanks Evilhero