Option to remove files on delete comic

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
dbznokia

Option to remove files on delete comic

Post by dbznokia »

It would be great if there was a tick box or something that would let us also choose to remove the files when we delete a comic from Mylar.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Option to remove files on delete comic

Post by evilhero »

I've thought of this as well as I always add series that users are having problems with and then delete the series from mylar and wonder why I have a crap load of empty series directories.

I'll see about how easy it will be to add in the option to the gui.
dbznokia

Post by dbznokia »

That would be great, thanks.
dbznokia

Post by dbznokia »

Just checking back in to this if this has made it's way into dev?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

On track, but not quite there as of yet. The SNI/HTTPS related problems, along with items related took priority thus far - so hopefully now that the problems have been worked out hopefully, I can get back to the coding of these types of things.
FrankBlack

Post by FrankBlack »

To piggy back on this feature request, it would be nice if we could delete individual issues also from mylar, maybe if you mark as archived it could delete issue.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

FrankBlack wrote:To piggy back on this feature request, it would be nice if we could delete individual issues also from mylar, maybe if you mark as archived it could delete issue.
Problem is there are several users (at least that have brought forth issues), that use the archive feature and want to maintain it in a non-destructive way.

The delete directory option when deleting series will be up in the next development commit - while I'm not totally against adding in an option somehow to allow for individual file deletions, it makes things abit more tricky as in how to have the option without taking away from something else.

I'll keep this in mind when I'm going through the other file management stuff and see if there might be a way to integrate it in.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Just an update on this:

The option to delete the Series directory (and all it's contents) when issuing a Delete Series command will be available in the next development commit. Instead of no confirmation of deletion, I figured it was probably a good idea to throw in a popup notification, so now it will pop-up a dialog box with the option to enable content deletion (and the directory itself), in addition to deleting the series from Mylar. I wanted to add in a graphic of some kind, but as it is this is how it currently looks: