Blacklist for Failed/Incorrect Searches

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
FlamingPooh

Blacklist for Failed/Incorrect Searches

Post by FlamingPooh »

I see Mylar has the ability to handle failed downloads. I'm not sure if this inherently creates a blacklist or not.

Basically the feature request is: the ability to label a downloaded file as incorrect or failed manually. Specific to comics, its possible that the downloaded file is the incorrect language or perhaps an incorrect series altogether, so even if you manually removed it and searched the file again, the same one would be selected to download.

so being able to create a blacklist, or specify that download not be selected again, or to search and select for an alternative manually if necessary......
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Blacklist for Failed/Incorrect Searches

Post by evilhero »

FlamingPooh wrote:I see Mylar has the ability to handle failed downloads. I'm not sure if this inherently creates a blacklist or not.

Basically the feature request is: the ability to label a downloaded file as incorrect or failed manually. Specific to comics, its possible that the downloaded file is the incorrect language or perhaps an incorrect series altogether, so even if you manually removed it and searched the file again, the same one would be selected to download.

so being able to create a blacklist, or specify that download not be selected again, or to search and select for an alternative manually if necessary......
Yes, right now the only way to manually mark a given download as Failed (if mylar doesn't auto-detect it, which it only detects for corrupt files if you have meta-tagging enabled), is if it's in Snatched status. Which for most people works fairly well, but I'll admit that if you want to manually mark an issue as Failed that's already been successfully downloaded (and is in a Downloaded status), there's no way to do it thus far. It's something I've come across myself (usually I just wipe the entry from the Failed table, but that's not consistent with an 'automation' point of view obviously), so being able to set the status to Failed on Downloaded issues I should be able to do (mylar just has to start storing the download id / provider in a different manner I believe for this to work properly).

I'm a big fan of the 'select an alternate' download via a manual pop-up, but that's abit off (codewise, my ajax/javascript skills aren't the best, although I tend to muddle through reasonably well), although it's definitely on my to-do list.