$Character tag

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
elGALLO

$Character tag

Post by elGALLO »

I'd like the ability/option to set the $Character as a naming tag just as there are tags for series/annuals/one shots

Config is set to "/path/to/$Publisher/$Series/$Series $Annual $issue ($Year)"

So any newly added comic would be
.../Marvel/The Amazing Spider-Man/The Amazing Spider-Man 012 (2015)
.../Marvel/Spider-Man 2099/Spider-Man 2099 014 (2015)
.../Marvel/miles morales spider man/miles morales spiderman 002 (2015)

Would there be a way to have a $Character tag to label comics

.../Marvel/Spider-Man/The Amazing Spider-Man/The Amazing Spider-Man 012 (2015)
.../Marvel/Spider-Man/Spiderman 2099/Spider-Man 2099 014 (2015)
.../Marvel/Spider-Man/miles morales spiderman 002 (2015)
.../Marvel/Spider-Man/The Amazing Spider-Man/The Amazing Spider-Man Annual 001 (2015)
.../Marvel/Spider-Man/Spider-Man 2099 Annual 001 (2015)

Same for Wolverine, X-Men, Batman, Superman etc. where only cross-overs (two characters) get their own folder
X-Men & Avengers
Batman & Superman etc.

Or

The option to verify/edit a folder name before automatically creating it.
kurnalbert

Re: $Character tag

Post by kurnalbert »

A $Character tag sounds like it would be pretty difficult to implement but would be so amazing for tidying up comic folder structures!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

elGALLO wrote:I'd like the ability/option to set the $Character as a naming tag just as there are tags for series/annuals/one shots
Or
The option to verify/edit a folder name before automatically creating it.
The $Character tag would be a huge undertaking - and I honestly can see it causing alot of extra work just due to trying to figure out characters (I've come across quite a few series in comicvine where the Character field isn't used at all). I just don't see myself trying to get this done at this point in time - it might happen, cause I've said that before and then a few weeks later when I get bored and had time I was able to roll stuff out - but given the current stuff on the burner for Mylar there just isn't enough free time for me to do this right now.

The verify/edit folder name during the adding of a series has been brought up before, and will be implemented soon. I just need to finish some other items atm which are of a higher priority just because it will break things eventually if I let it continue ;)
elGALLO

Post by elGALLO »

Verify/edit could work in place of $Character tag. Simply rename the corresponding folder. Look forward to this.
, thanks for all your work