Adding multiple comics from search results

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
Aimhere

Adding multiple comics from search results

Post by Aimhere »

Hi all,

Loving Mylar, it's been proving very useful so far.

One feature I'd love to see added: the ability to add multiple new comics from the Search Results page.

Ideally, each item in the search results would have a checkbox next to it, and the page would have an "Add checked comics" button at the top.

This would help me build my collection much more quickly, especially when I want a LOT of the search results (e.g. a bunch of one-shots and annuals).

Clearly, adding multiple comics this way, it wouldn't be practical to display the individual comic information pages afterwards (like it does adding single comics). Instead, I suggest displaying a simple list showing the comics that were added, perhaps with clickable links leading to the separate comic information pages.

Thanks.

(P.S. - when adding a bunch of comics, it would take a long time to add them all, especially on the [slow] NAS box I'm using for this. It would be nice if the addition process would show some sort of ongoing progress indication. The "New comics added" page I describe above could be updated in realtime as the comics are added to the database?)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Adding multiple comics from search results

Post by evilhero »

Definitely doable - especially since I got the Import A Directory option to mass-add a bunch of series without displaying the comic series page for each one ;) Now that I know how to do that, the hardest part would be just getting the proper workflow.

As far as the progress indicator, I've tried in the past to get one working, but have been unable to get the code working properly. If anyone out there in the community can do such a thing, I'd love for that to happen ( or at least know how to do it, so then I could do it even ). The list thing might be doable, but I won't be able to even look at this (or the adding of multiple comics) until I can get the rss re-code finished (which is mainly done thanks in large part to cybrwizrd) and the recoding to fix the 32P changes. Expect it, just not in the next week or so ;)
Aimhere

Post by Aimhere »

I hope you do get a multi-add feature working sooner rather than later. I want moar comix... :)
gsmumbo

Post by gsmumbo »

From a UI perspective the easiest way to handle this is having "add" buttons for each line in the list. If it's already in your library it has a checkmark. If not it has a plus sign. You click the plus sign and it adds the comic and turns into a non clickable checkmark. That way you can run down the list and add what you need without pulling away from the search page and without having to remember to click "add" after checking off all the series you want. Inline comic additions :)