Would love a windows script to automatically tag new comics

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
dlrdlrdlr

Would love a windows script to automatically tag new comics

Post by dlrdlrdlr »

I may be missing something but there doesn't seem to be a good way to automatically tag new comics with meta data. I found this bit of code online and tested it and it seems to work I just don't know how to turn it into a script to run after postprocessing

Code: Select all

path to /comictagger.exe -s -t cr -f -o $DOWNLOADED_COMIC
I'm running windows so a lot of linux only options don't seem easy to convert.

a setting would also be nice to have.
Offspring

Re: Would love a windows script to automatically tag new com

Post by Offspring »

Are you having Mylar download the Comics and then sending them back through Mylar for post-processing? I had it running on Windows for quite a while and had it automatically post-processing everything.
dlrdlrdlr

Post by dlrdlrdlr »

I'm using the post processing script through nzbget to rename it. But doesn't tag it with comic tagger automatically which is what I'm wanting.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

As long as you have metatagging enabled within mylar and it's setup correctly (meaning you have post-processing enabled along with metatagging), regardless of using mylar's comicRN.py or nzbget pp it would still call the same functionality so the results would be the same.

Basically, you don't have something set up correctly ;)
dlrdlrdlr

Post by dlrdlrdlr »

Ah well I'm not too suprised, just to check when giving the path to comic tagger should it be "M:\Media Programs\Mylar\ComicTagger\" or "M:\Media Programs\Mylar\ComicTagger\comictagger.exe"
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

dlrdlrdlr wrote:Ah well I'm not too suprised, just to check when giving the path to comic tagger should it be "M:\Media Programs\Mylar\ComicTagger\" or "M:\Media Programs\Mylar\ComicTagger\comictagger.exe"
It pretty much depends on where you installed comictagger to on your system. If putting it in without the executable doesn't work after a save and restart of Mylar - I would ditch the comictagger install that's within the Mylar program directory (that's where it looks like you put it), and install comictagger to it's default location which is in the Program Files directory (depending on which version of Windows you're running). You can then leave the location field blank within Mylar and it should be able to pick it up just fine.

From the FAQ/How-To's section of the forum:
Getting ComicTagger and Mylar to work for Windows:

1) You need to install ComicTagger. Go here and select the newest WINDOWS build: http://code.google.com/p/comictagger/downloads/list

2) Run the downloaded .exe and proceed through the normal installation steps (it's a straightforward typical install).

3) Within the Mylar Configuration GUI, on the Post-Processing tab exists an option to specify the ComicTagger location. This is the FULL path to the location of the ComicTagger.exe file. Enter the path without the 'ComicTagger.exe' at the end of the path (ie. C:\Program Files (x86)\ComicTagger). If it's left blank, it will default to the Program Files directory depending on the build of WIndows (Program Files (x86) for non-64 bit Windows, Program Files for 64-bit Windows).

4) Within the Mylar Configuration GUI, on the Post-Processing tab, enable MetaTagging (place a checkmark). Save the changes.

5) Restart Mylar and you should have metatagging working with post-processing now.
dlrdlrdlr

Post by dlrdlrdlr »

Figured out my issue it doesn't know where unrar.exe is. Which makes sense I don't see anywhere for me to provide a path to it, for now I just made a copy and put it in /Mylar/unrar.exe and will see if that works but where is it expected to be?

Just to clarify comictagger knows where it is and works when run manually as does nzbget I think, just not mylar.

Code: Select all

02-Apr-2015 22:13:23 - DEBUG   :: Post-Processing : [POST-PROCESSING] New format: $Series #$Issue ($Year)
02-Apr-2015 22:13:23 - DEBUG   :: Post-Processing : [POST-PROCESSING] Metatagging enabled - proceeding...
02-Apr-2015 22:13:23 - DEBUG   :: Post-Processing : [META-TAGGER] dirName:M:\Media\BlackHole\Comics\Spider-Gwen.003.2015.Digital.BlackManta-Empire
02-Apr-2015 22:13:23 - DEBUG   :: Post-Processing : [META-TAGGER] Unable to locate UnRAR.exe - make sure it is installed.
02-Apr-2015 22:13:23 - DEBUG   :: Post-Processing : [META-TAGGER] Aborting meta-tagging.
02-Apr-2015 22:13:23 - DEBUG   :: Post-Processing : [POST-PROCESSING] Unable to write metadata successfully - check mylar.log file. Attempting to continue without tagging.
Found another post mentioning how to set the path for unrar in the config and now everything seems to be working. I'm sorry for wasting your time. Thanks for the help.