Support for authkey

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
Offspring

Support for authkey

Post by Offspring »

I just locked my system down to require an authkey instead of allowing a password. Without thinking, I also found that Mylar doesn't support non-passworded logins for remote FTPs. Any chance that feature can be added?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Support for authkey

Post by evilhero »

Offspring wrote:I just locked my system down to require an authkey instead of allowing a password. Without thinking, I also found that Mylar doesn't support non-passworded logins for remote FTPs. Any chance that feature can be added?
Sorry, I'm not sure I exactly understand - or well the remote FTP part is confusing as Mylar doesn't access/use remote FTP.

Mylar supports non-passworded logins, but it just wont' prompt for a username as far as I can tell since if there's no password there's no need to prompt (according to Mylar at least). Not sure how easily it would be to enforce a username login since it's cherrypy that handles all the credential checks.

Can you just set the username to whatever user you are wanting, and leave the password blank?
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

So I've got a seedbox setup, and that's how I have it sending torrents. I turned off password authentication, and instead I've got a public key file that I use to authenticate against. I was wondering if there was any way of telling Mylar (clearly CherryPy) of using a specific file to authenticate against rather than attempting to pass a password over.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Offspring wrote:So I've got a seedbox setup, and that's how I have it sending torrents. I turned off password authentication, and instead I've got a public key file that I use to authenticate against. I was wondering if there was any way of telling Mylar (clearly CherryPy) of using a specific file to authenticate against rather than attempting to pass a password over.
Ohh, ok - I got you now, up until now you've never mentioned a seedbox, which obviously changes the workflow abit. Cherrypy isn't involved with regards to the sftp connection to your seedbox, that's actually done by a module called Paramiko. Paramiko support keys, but I'm not sure exactly how to use it within the Mylar module since it uses a transport method that speeds up the transfers - I'll look into this though once I can get this dev commit out. I don't think it would be that hard, but it would be a fallback method from what I understand of Paramiko (rsa key, ssh key, then password in that sequence).
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Cool, that's good to know.