volumes and years

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
noblitorator

volumes and years

Post by noblitorator »

In comics like Amazing Spider-Man we're on volume 3 and listed as (2014) in Mylar, many of the comics for download say The Amazing Spider-Man (2015) and Mylar doesn't like to find those, instead I have to add that (2015) as an alternate search and I have to do that for many comics about this time of year... and will have to every year...
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: volumes and years

Post by evilhero »

Mylar will download 2015 issues just fine, the rollover between 2014/2015 doesn't have anything to do with things not downloading for you.

I would guess it has to do with your source for comics,and where mylar expects to have the issue year. Normal postings (and almost all 0 day scans) have filenames in the format of 'Amazing Spider-man 15 (2015)' or 'Amazing Spider-man v3 15 (2015)', so whenever you're getting your comics from is literally changing the formatting to 'Amazing Spider-man (2015) 15', which for the sake of argument is also completely wrong. Designating the series volume prior to the issue number fine that's understandable I suppose (although if you did it as v2015 or v3 it would get picked up), but putting the issue year prior to the issue number is kinda confusing isn't it - how do you know whether it's the issue year or series year?

I have this series on my watchlist, and haven't had any problems getting issues pulled automatically every week and I don't have any extra search terms provided.

Maybe if you provide the filenames that you're able to find things with, and the provider it would help - but right now, from what I can understand, there's nothing wrong with the way mylar does the searches unless I'm completely missing something.