Small enhancements

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
Yager

Small enhancements

Post by Yager »

I have a couple nice suggestions (i hope)

- A filter on the home screen where you can filter which comics are complete/incomplete. This way it will be easier searching though all the pages to find the missing comics.
- When you are auto importing it jumps to the particular comic. It would be nicer if it just stays in that screen so you can import multiple comics without going back the whole time.
- A way to track which comics you have completed with reading or are still busy on.
- A duplicate issue by extension finder while adding. For example Batman 1 (1963).cbr is the same as Batman 1 (1963).cbz. At the moment it double adds them.

When i have some more ideas i'll add them here :)
Yager

Re: Small enhancements

Post by Yager »

- On the history page it would be handy to see where the comic got grabbed from (which dir) and in which dir it got placed so you can track it. For example i have this problem on Punisher. Of this comic there are several that are named the same so atm i am missing some eps which got added to one of the other punisher and i cannot find which.
- it would be nice if you can add comics based on the id from comicvine.
- I would like it if i get a email at the end of the day showing what has happened. which comics got snatched, what updates where there etc.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

All in all some good suggestions, I'll provide some brief thoughts:
- A filter on the home screen where you can filter which comics are complete/incomplete. This way it will be easier searching though all the pages to find the missing comics.
The only problem with this one is incorporating it so it knows when a series is complete vs. not. Currently the only way to be able to do this (from what I can envision at least), is to check the have/totals and if they're equal assume it's 'Complete', otherwise it's not). Something to consider, and definitely wouldn't be hard to do since it's just a simple field that can be filled dynamically.
- When you are auto importing it jumps to the particular comic. It would be nicer if it just stays in that screen so you can import multiple comics without going back the whole time.
When you say auto-importing, do you mean using the search button and select a search result ?
- A way to track which comics you have completed with reading or are still busy on.
This already exists in a very rough fashion (Manage tab / Advanced Options / Reading List Management (first tab that opens up is the Issue Reading List). You can mark issues as Read from here, but I do believe the option to enable an issue as 'To be Read' was removed temporarily. I'll check into readding it (since it was logistically working at the time).
- A duplicate issue by extension finder while adding. For example Batman 1 (1963).cbr is the same as Batman 1 (1963).cbz. At the moment it double adds them.
Currently this exists for downloaded/post-processed (or manual post-processed) issues, but not for normal file-checking as of yet. The logistics are in place, it just needs some fine-tuning of little things to ensure things work (ie. from a manual post-processing run):
```
02-Jan-2015 17:27:19 - INFO :: Thread-13 : duplicate check for /mnt/mediavg/Comics/Comics-1/test2/Original Sin 003.3 - Hulk vs. Iron Man 03 (2014) (Worldbreaker-DCP).cbr
02-Jan-2015 17:27:19 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Existing Status already set to Downloaded
02-Jan-2015 17:27:19 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Existing file :Original Sin 003.3 - Hulk vs. Iron Man 03 (2014) (Worldbreaker-DCP).cbz has a filesize of : 44081120 bytes.
02-Jan-2015 17:27:19 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Existing filesize is greater than : 44048702 bytes.
```
- On the history page it would be handy to see where the comic got grabbed from (which dir) and in which dir it got placed so you can track it. For example i have this problem on Punisher. Of this comic there are several that are named the same so atm i am missing some eps which got added to one of the other punisher and i cannot find which.
The only problem with this is the amount of real-estate adding all that information into the history tab would consume. Right now there isn't alot of extra space for that kind of information - I'm not saying it's not a good idea, or warranted even, it's just trying to find a way to put it in there so that it doesn't create formatting problems for the layout.
Already can - just enter in the complete ComicID from ComicVine into the Search box located at the top of every page. (ie. 4050-xxxxx, every series starts with 4050-, if it doesn't then it's not a volume and Mylar won't add it)
- I would like it if i get a email at the end of the day showing what has happened. which comics got snatched, what updates where there etc.
Interesting notion, I kinda like this. Albeit adding in a smtp protocol for sending might be the stumbling point for myself code-wise, but that's never stopped me before from trying stuff ;)
Yager

Post by Yager »

The only problem with this one is incorporating it so it knows when a series is complete vs. not. Currently the only way to be able to do this (from what I can envision at least), is to check the have/totals and if they're equal assume it's 'Complete', otherwise it's not). Something to consider, and definitely wouldn't be hard to do since it's just a simple field that can be filled dynamically.
Yes that would be more then enough. That way you could filter out the complete ones and only show the ones where the numbers are complete

When you say auto-importing, do you mean using the search button and select a search result ?
This is both from the search and also from the auto import

This already exists in a very rough fashion (Manage tab / Advanced Options / Reading List Management (first tab that opens up is the Issue Reading List). You can mark issues as Read from here, but I do believe the option to enable an issue as 'To be Read' was removed temporarily. I'll check into readding it (since it was logistically working at the time).
Havent checked that out so i will do that. It is a bit of a hassle though as i would expect it to be situated with the comic itself. The www.myepisodes.com website has a very nice example for this.

[EDIT] I just checked this but its empty on my end. Most likely because all issues got downloaded already. I would ask you to check on myepisodes under "Time I've wasted" (shows when you added a couple series) and then click a serie. They have 2 colums where the first is if you acquired it (like it is now) and the second is if you also watched it.

Currently this exists for downloaded/post-processed (or manual post-processed) issues, but not for normal file-checking as of yet. The logistics are in place, it just needs some fine-tuning of little things to ensure things work (ie. from a manual post-processing run):
```
02-Jan-2015 17:27:19 - INFO :: Thread-13 : duplicate check for /mnt/mediavg/Comics/Comics-1/test2/Original Sin 003.3 - Hulk vs. Iron Man 03 (2014) (Worldbreaker-DCP).cbr
02-Jan-2015 17:27:19 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Existing Status already set to Downloaded
02-Jan-2015 17:27:19 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Existing file :Original Sin 003.3 - Hulk vs. Iron Man 03 (2014) (Worldbreaker-DCP).cbz has a filesize of : 44081120 bytes.
02-Jan-2015 17:27:19 - INFO :: Thread-13 : Existing filesize is greater than : 44048702 bytes.
```
That would be great. I noticed a couple times where it skips a download because the extension is the same. The problem is however when its not the same.

The only problem with this is the amount of real-estate adding all that information into the history tab would consume. Right now there isn't alot of extra space for that kind of information - I'm not saying it's not a good idea, or warranted even, it's just trying to find a way to put it in there so that it doesn't create formatting problems for the layout.
Smaller letters and maybe even a dropdown where the info is located. Even a small info hover button on the end would suffice.

Already can - just enter in the complete ComicID from ComicVine into the Search box located at the top of every page. (ie. 4050-xxxxx, every series starts with 4050-, if it doesn't then it's not a volume and Mylar won't add it)
Good to know. Now i just need to figure out how i can search comicvine series only

Interesting notion, I kinda like this. Albeit adding in a smtp protocol for sending might be the stumbling point for myself code-wise, but that's never stopped me before from trying stuff ;)
You should look into the php mail function. From what i understand you dont need a particular smtp server in there and even if you do you can point it to a text field in the config screen.