Helping development

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
TheLabRatt

Helping development

Post by TheLabRatt »

I'm working on something more significant than my search results update (I'll get those conflicts resolved this evening). Briefly, I think I can improve the tagging/converting process.
I should be done by the weekend - are you working on cmtagmylar.py at the moment? Feel free to weigh in, it's your project after all.
Also, I'm happy to help out a bit more with issues if you like.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Helping development

Post by evilhero »

TheLabRatt wrote:I'm working on something more significant than my search results update (I'll get those conflicts resolved this evening). Briefly, I think I can improve the tagging/converting process.
I should be done by the weekend - are you working on cmtagmylar.py at the moment? Feel free to weigh in, it's your project after all.
Also, I'm happy to help out a bit more with issues if you like.
I haven't touched the cmtagmylar.py file since I did all the conversions with the new cv api limitations - I believe the last 'touch' I did to it was in the last commit, which was actually a fix for the tagging running and not finding any files in the given directory (I just put it in a try/except clause and then returned a 'fail' if it couldn't complete the try - which was an attempt to split the filename from the filepath).

I'm all for more help with the program - so long as it doesn't cause Mylar to stop functioning or break, I usually don't have a problem implementing the improvements. I always merge the PR into my local repo and run it for a day or so at the very least ( if it's a significant kind of change to the module/structure ) to at least try and make sure things still work from a functional point of view.

And any more help that can come with helping others out with troubleshooting / issues is always welcome - I'm always linked up to github and the forums just cause email notifications are soo easy (I honestly don't linger on either for hours at an end - usually). So while it may seem that I'm really quick in responding sometimes, there are just as many times when I'm not. Lately I've been spending about 80% of my free time lately fixing / troubleshooting, then actually coding, which is why there might be a good delay between commit pushes every now and then ;)
TheLabRatt

Re: Helping development

Post by TheLabRatt »

Regarding issues I meant on the coding front really, but that's harder to manage from a project viewpoint. I just carry on doing what I've done before there - if I spot something cody that'd fix a problem I'll put it in the issue comment rather than submit a PR (which I've also done, for just a few lines. Hardly seems worth it.)
Still, feel free to suggest things I could look at if you want to share the burden.