Search Order, or Search Method preference?

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
40wattrange

Search Order, or Search Method preference?

Post by 40wattrange »

Can we get a way to put a preference of what we would like to search first between Usenet and torrents? I would like usenet to hit first, but seems torrents are hitting first.

To go a step better it would even be cool to do a site order, but mainly would just like to see a Usenet first, torrents if nothing found type of option/behavior.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Search Order, or Search Method preference?

Post by evilhero »

Provider order is already present, it's just a manual configuration option right now.

In the config.ini you'll see a variable called 'provider_order'. By default it flips torrents first then usenet, but you can change the order sequence as follows:

- if any configuration changes occured, save the config and shutdown Mylar.
- edit the config.ini and find the provider_order.
- keep the numbering the same, but change out the names provided. If you don't specify the names exactly as they are given, you'll get search provider errors in the logs. (ie. 0, dognzb, 1, experimental, 2, cbt, 3, kat)
- start Mylar and you should see the searches use the order provided.

If you get the 0 search providers error, you need to shutdown Mylar, edit the config.ini and wipe out the entire provider_order line. Then save and start Mylar - it will default to the usenet/torrent order but then you can shutdown Mylar and edit the config again. This usually happens when you add/enable/disable a provider and Mylar gets confused about the order to keep.

Hopefully this helps, any issues just fly a message back and I can help troubleshoot more (I use torrent, nzb, nzb, torrent so mines not the default).