"Plex" like server

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
kerbys

"Plex" like server

Post by kerbys »

Im using Ubooquity at the momment for serving out my comics from my VPS. In Mylar i can see you can download the issiue straight to your device etc. Would there be a way to impliment downloading multiple files at once or say a whole section?

Or even implimenting something like that? Keep up the good work!
Leempi

Re: "Plex" like server

Post by Leempi »

I've been looking for something like that for ages too, and finally settled on this:

https://github.com/beville/ComicStreamer
ComicStreamer is a media server app for sharing a library of comic files via a simple REST API to client applications. It allows for searching for comics based on a rich set of metadata including fields like series name, title, publisher, story arcs, characters, and creator credits. Client applications may access comics by entire archive file, or by fetching pag e images, one at a time.
I'm running mine on a mac mini and pairing it with ChunkyComic on the iPad:

http://chunkyreader.com

This has built in support for comicstreamer. The whole thing works quite well, you can access a "Recent Files" list which is the main thing i was looking for. It also lets you browse your collection by series and by folder (for when it confuses volumes and has DareDevil v1 and v2 in the same path for Series).

You can choose to either open the comic and have it stream the pages to the iPad or download the comic to the iPad for offline reading. You can also access the comic streamer web server to reboot it and see what its doing etc.

If you want to read on your computer comic streamer also has a built in comic display thing but its pretty basic.

Give it a go, it's working well for me.
eigoud

Re: "Plex" like server

Post by eigoud »

I have my comics stored on a Synology NAS. Chunky Comic Reader is perfect for this because I can connect direct to the synology and download the comics into the reader.

Until a Comic Server comes along, I'm happy with the setup.