Copy downloads to folder on post process

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
2mny

Copy downloads to folder on post process

Post by 2mny »

I wanted an alternative to the Weekly Directory feature that would copy files to a single directory instead of spread out into weekly's. I've implemented the necessary changes to PostProcessor.py and __init__.py and committed the changes in a Git branch. So far the new code is working without issues. The changes add two new values to config.ini; 'copynewtofolder' a boolean that will enable the feature and 'copynewfolder_dir' where you set the path new comics will be copied to. The feature is turned off by default.

Todo:
-Add configuration options to the Settings page in the web interface so the config.ini file does not have to be edited manually.
-I haven't tested to see what happens when copynewfolder_dir is invalid so make sure you enter it correctly. I'll add handling for invalid directories if needed once I'm more familiar with the Mylar code.
-There's a potential conflict if you use a "SeriesName - IssueNumber.cbr" naming scheme and happen to download files with the same series and issue number but different years as Mylar will attempt to copy a comic file with the same name to the folder.

This is my first time working with Python and Git so please excuse any issues.