Story Arc Feature Enhancement

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Story Arc Feature Enhancement

Post by evilhero »

phairplay wrote:also how did you create the cbl file
Straight copy via notepad. I used an existing cbl file and just modified it.

You can't pass it a directory, in the import path text box put in the full path including the filename with extension.
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

okay sorry I Thought I had tried that.

many thanks for the reading list web site and the cbl file. I'm already creating one for superman doomed series

It pulled the ones I currently have yet I've come cross two issues

the tick box to add it to the reading list tab doesn't seem to work.

also when you click search for missing I get an red error box, but there is nothing in the log and nothing happens
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

phairplay wrote: the tick box to add it to the reading list tab doesn't seem to work.
You're probably correct in that - I haven't looked at the actual checkboxes in relation to the coding in awhile. Right now if you wanted to add something to your reading list, you'd have to click on the 'Add to Reading List' icon (glasses) in the issue details section for the given series. It will then show up in the Reading List Management tab.
also when you click search for missing I get an red error box, but there is nothing in the log and nothing happens
This is probably related to issues that either haven't been published or aren't on your watchlist. Since the changes to the date comparisons when searching it's caused a lot of different problems throughout, and I think that's probably the cause of this. I'll look into this more for sure.
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

would be great if you could work on this, as I've created a excel macro that you can fill in the required fields

series name, number, volume , year

and then create it into a cbl file.

here is a test sample

test file stored on my onedrive
http://1drv.ms/1mhTEUe

problem is it loads fine, yet when I click on search for watchlist matches it crashes Mylar. is there something I missing? or am I going about it completely the wrong way
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

phairplay wrote:would be great if you could work on this, as I've created a excel macro that you can fill in the required fields

series name, number, volume , year

and then create it into a cbl file.

here is a test sample

test file stored on my onedrive
http://1drv.ms/1mhTEUe

problem is it loads fine, yet when I click on search for watchlist matches it crashes Mylar. is there something I missing? or am I going about it completely the wrong way
Well the only thing that I noticed when I loaded that cbl is that the Volume year for Action Comics should be 2011. Aside from that, it seemingly loaded fine in mine and the search worked as well. Granted I'm a commit ahead of everyone else (I haven't pushed up the commit as of yet), so hopefully when that goes up you can test things out and we'll be at the same level code-wise ;)
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

:D great
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

Forgot to add
Any ETA on the next update :D
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

Hi matey,

I've installed the new update the story arch now doesn't crash, but it's still not searching for comics I don't already grab.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

phairplay wrote:Hi matey,

I've installed the new update the story arch now doesn't crash, but it's still not searching for comics I don't already grab.
Can you be more specific :
- What's the name of the story arc ?
- Do the series' you're trying to search for exist on your watchlist or not ?
- Can you post the relevant portion of the mylar.log file showing the search ?
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

Can't post the log at the moment as I'm away with work.

It was the original sin that you created. It found the ones I have collected, but won't search for the missing issues that I don't.