Story Arc Feature Enhancement

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
rudyvarner

Story Arc Feature Enhancement

Post by rudyvarner »

Here is how I envision the Story Arc features I would work in the future. Just me thinking out loud.

Mylar scans Metadata of cbr/cbz and displays the Story Arc title if it exists on the comic page that links to the corresponding ComicVine Arc page. And then an option to add that Story Arc to your reading and wanted list. Not sure if there is a way to scrape the needed issues from the ComicVine Arc page though.
phairplay

Re: Story Arc Feature Enhancement

Post by phairplay »

I'd really like to see this.

I'm a big event reader.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

rudyvarner wrote: Mylar scans Metadata of cbr/cbz and displays the Story Arc title if it exists on the comic page that links to the corresponding ComicVine Arc page. And then an option to add that Story Arc to your reading and wanted list. Not sure if there is a way to scrape the needed issues from the ComicVine Arc page though.
Well part of that is doable. The scanning of metadata to get the Story Arc title if it exists can be done...I'm not sure if the Story Arc URL is part of the metadata though which creates a bit of the problem at hand. The CV API doesn't allow for Story Arcs to be searched. You have to do a backwards search (search for the issue, and the issue has the corresponding Story Arc name and url, instead of doing it the other way and getting all the issues involved).

The CV Arc page can be a mess depending on what the Arc is. There's the issues, tradebacks, graphic novels, comps, etc all listed usually and it would be abit difficult to manage based on parsing the page alone. I had something long ago where I parsed out another pretty popular comic site that had story arcs in an easier to manage format. I can see about incorporating that again (for those keeping track, when Mylar first started it was the site that was used to populate the issue data before CV had their API in a much more usable format)
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

*thumbs up*
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

any update on this one?

as the Original Sin event currently on-going which crosses 9 comics with several specials
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

phairplay wrote:any update on this one?

as the Original Sin event currently on-going which crosses 9 comics with several specials
All you need is a valid cbl file in order to import the files in :

Here's the cbl I quickly made taken from here : Original Sin (Provisional).cbl

Granted, some things need to be properly formatted as well as ensuring that things line up properly - but the 3 main features work pretty well :
- Importing the cbl (this denotes the reading order - so if changes are made to the cbl, it will be reflected in the listing upon a complete refresh of the arc)
- Search your existing watchlist within Mylar for anything you already have and mark the status accordingly.
- Search for missing issues (both via the Search for Missing button and the Grab it option).

Also the 'appending reading order # to the filename' and 'Copy watchlisted issues to story-arc directory' are both functional and work with issues already downloaded and issues that are downloaded when doing a search for missing issues.
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

Thanks I'll give this ago :)

okay how do I get this to load. is this something I could do or will it become a main feature?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Download the the .cbl and then in Mylar go to the Reading Management page (Manage tab / Advanced options / Reading List Management). Select the Storyarcs tab and then enter in the full path to where you downloaded the cbl above (the search option doesn't work fyi). Click on the import button beside the path and it will load it in and then display the arc details page.
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

Hi

I get the following error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\David\Programs\mylar-master\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "C:\Users\David\Programs\mylar-master\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\David\Programs\mylar-master\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "C:\Users\David\Programs\mylar-master\mylar\webserve.py", line 1469, in importReadlist
file = open(filename)
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\Users\\David\\Programs\\test'
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

also how did you create the cbl file