Story Arc Feature Enhancement

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
phairplay

Re: Story Arc Feature Enhancement

Post by phairplay »

Hi,

Hope your good

Have you had any chance to look into this?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yep, the last development commit (or 2nd last), added alot of things to the Story Arc functionality, namely:

- The Search option now will work when searching for story arcs (you have to use the search option within the Story Arc Management tab though). Mylar actually counts the physical issues that CV lists for a given story arc - and then does a whack of reverse lookups in order to properly determine the issue's publication date as well as the exact series that the issue belongs to. This is a major improvement over importing a cbl file, which relies on parsing and that the user has the year(s) correct for the series.

- Buttons all line up, and will save the settings accordingly - keep in mind though that some options aren't implemented yet, but it's coming....
- Post Processing should be working now for issues that have been downloaded using by the Story Arc Management tab. This includes appending the reading order #, as well as the metatagging working.
- Searching for missing issues within an arc 'should' be working now - I tried it on a few and it worked on my end, but I didn't run it through the paces either.

I plan on updating the arcs even more over the next few weeks, namely improving the layout structure of the tabs (reading order and story arcs), enabling some more options within tabs themselves (metadata reading?), and improving the file scanning options when doing checks / searches. I'll also be adding in the ability to 'move' the reading order around via drag & drop (I had it working a while ago, but never fully implemented it), as well as being able to actually edit the fields within the GUI for each Story Arc (so you could change the series name / publication dates / years etc as necessary). There's more I have in mind as well, but I'll leave those for abit until these ones get polished & finished up ;)
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

That's great

So I may not of set mine up though GitHub ;)
Would it be possible to push this into the master version :)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Pushing to master is probably a bit off (a week+), just because I like to make sure that the bugs are kinked out from the development branch before I push it to master - it will come, but like I said, might be abit still.

If you want to change to development - you can just dl the source for the dev and extract it/copy things over, or if you're using github it's even easier (git checkout development, then update if it prompts)
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

I'm going to stop being a lazy shit and move over to GitHub and Dev version

Aside note Ive got a jailbroken idevice that runs an app called nzbunity that give you acess to sonarr, couchpotato and soon to have mylar. For which I've been the beta tester for :)

If there would be i interest I will creat a thread on it.
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

Okay
i've moved over the Dev version and trying out the story arch

thanks for supporting this, :)

I've added original sin through your search it tells me there are 60 issues yet when I click in there are only 8
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

phairplay wrote: I've added original sin through your search it tells me there are 60 issues yet when I click in there are only 8
Yep, I just encountered that on testing what you mentioned - it actually was erroring out on a NULL value, I've corrected it and made some small modifications so that the Publication Year for the issues should now show up just fine.

Commit up shortly to development to address this.
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

Hi,

Just wondering if you've had chance to look any further into story arc section and if it's possible to make it more of a main feature

I want to get the Original sin series, it's set some to wanted which are available. Yet I can't seem to get it to search correctly.

Also on spiderman-verses is complete yet Mylar still has some set as wanted
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

There is some minor fixes for the arcs/reading lists in the next development commit, but they mainly deal with the layout and formatting of the pages.

Original sin is one of those tricky arcs, as the issues were posted to the net with really weird naming conventions and because of that mylar might not be able to pick them up if you're using just nzb based providers. Do the issues you're having problems with exist on your watchlist (the series themselves), and/or what search provider are you using to search them against?

You might have to delete the story arc from mylar and then read them in again (if you can use the search option as that seems to be pretty good at pulling down relevant information now). Once there readded and you search for issues on your watchlist, try search for missing and see what happens (do the same for spider-verse as well).

If they don't work still, if you can provide the mylar.log showing whats being passed to the search and/or any errors or relevant info, I can look more into those.
phairplay

Post by phairplay »

hi
I did want you suggested it downloaded amazing spiderman 10 and 11 yet it's marked them as wanted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r9ibabdgxrwxb ... r.log?dl=0

ive uploaded the log